Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K...what's happening? Did Kenny Cummings & Tim Joyce make it up there? Who did what?

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
kenny is there. so is dean st croix, erik green & co.

dunno about anyone else. i only got the top info off of photos posted on FB.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yep Kenny And Joyce Where There
So Was Roper,marshall,joe C, Joe T , Bj, Jersey Girl,bfd,graig, Eric Green And Co.
Plus ,junkyard And Jeff With The Db Motorsports Stuff Wow, And Lots Of The Uscra Grid,
Tired But Some Basic Stuff

Mosport Track Rocks, Fast Blind Corners,crazy Mosses Turn, Try Learning That One Hehe,almost Chucked It There Down Shifted Twice By Mistake Locked Rear Bike Slipped Smashed Nuts On Seat Had To Use Long Back Straight To Relax And Get Wind Back
Well Run Event Lots Of Spectators, No Video From Me, Camera Mount Sheared Off And Cameras Gone

Joe T Just About Rebuilt Bike, With Lots Of Help From Joe C,bj,and Chris Marshall But In The End It Was No Good Hole In Piston, Joe C Had Some Issues As Well, But Did Get In Some Racing,
Everyone Stayed Up No Crashes From The Cafe Crew,but Big Crashes In Endurance Race, Was 2 Hour Race They Only Got 4 Laps In,
Rabbi Blew Up The Side Car While In First On Last Lap And When I Say Blow Up Its Not Just A Term Where Talking Pices Flying Off And A Sheet Of Flame Out The Back Corner Workers Had To Use Extinguishers To Put It Out, He Brought It To Controlled Stop So He And Monkey Where Fine, Big Crash In Side Cars On Sat Monkeys Where Flying 2 Hurt But Not Bad, One Girl Hurt Hands But Raced Next Day Denise T Couldent Make It Back Out So Jersey Girl Stepped In And Went For First Time On Side Car, No School, No Warm Up Time, Right Out On Track Racing Big Nuts ,
Lots Of Very Fast, Very Nice Bikes, Great Racing, Don't Know Who Won What It Was Rippin
Got 6th, 2- 7th And An 8th, Best Lap Was 156.2,
More Later Kind Of Burned Out,

·
Registered
132 Posts
A good American contingent was present, good to see familiar faces. A little quiet and not so rowdy evenings, must have been because Tex was MIA, eh!

Aside from my bike issues, Mosport weekend was awesome. I was able to get in 6-7 good practice laps before all of the bike issues. Great weather, really fast track with lots of elevation changes, and one crazy corner called Moss's. I had to head back early but BJ and Joe C stayed with Mike in Buffalo and are driving back today.

It seemed as though almost everyone had some sort of issue, whether it was electrical, mechanical or both. Craig blew up his bridgestone,
deangelo (sp?) cracked his ducati motor, chris had minor issues, joe had a few carb issues, bill had electrical issues, I had a motor issue. Mosport ate us up!

In the 500, chris showed strong, joe mid pack, and bj dnf on last lap. In the 350, chris finished 4 or 5th, joe and bj dns.

I'm will hopefully have a rebuilt motor ready by Summit.

joe t

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I was two for two this weekend. The bridgestone broke during practice and the honda broke during my P3 lightweight race when I was chasing down Jerseygirl.

Jersey was flying all weekend. It won't be long till it's changed from "beaten by a girl" to "being able to beat the girl".

Other than bike issues the weekend was great. Great weather, great friends, great track, great racing. Doesn't get much better than that.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Karl - I don't know. The Honda's still sitting in the trailer at this point. During the p3 lightweight race the bike was running real strong for about 6 laps. Then it just quit running in turn 8. I was able to coast into the pits and it bump started back up as I coasted down pit road. At the pit in oil check it seemed to run strong again so I went through the pits and back onto the track. I made it two turns and the bike quit again. I left it on the side of the track and was offered a ride back to the pits by one of the spectators. By the time my bike got picked up and brought back to the pits I just loaded in the trailer without looking at anything. I hope to check it over tonight. Probably out of gas again.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
midge....i owe you jetting !! ill have it at summit. totally forgot.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
mosport was fun. biggest grids ive ever been on. youre girdded up, looking ahead at 30 guys, thinking your last, turn around, and there are 20 more guys behind you. makes t1 really interetsing going 4 wide. you actually had to slow because of traffic. crazy. the track is tricky. fast and unforgiving at speed. no brake markers were a new thing for me. something ive always looked forward to. riding a real race track!!!

chris m really is a god. really. im pretty sure he beat both jersey and craig in the one race we were all gridded up in. on a stocker, with 9 year old tires and original pistons. i mean the dude is stupid fast.

jersey ran the entire 2 hour endurance race. all 4 laps of it. yeas, they had 2 big red flags. one on the first lap causing a very extensive clean up proceedure. and one just 2 laps in on the restart, which rid the track of enough ambulances to run a race. so even after trying to extend the race further into the day, it was cancelled after the long delays.

Really great to see dirty pete. jam614, midge, craig, rope, and everyone else. and thanks to everyone who loaned us parts, or advice. in the end, i think mosport won this round though.

my bike was running great in the 350 race i think, then i decided to adjust the float level again, and the left side went dry. but the atomic green machine was running excellent prior. i did come down with a nasty head cold (with the typical sweats and chills etc...), and i didnt realize it at the time, but joe, using his dark arts skills, managed to beat the shit out of my right thigh. (thanks for the bruises you fucker), nearly crippling me all weekend after an unprovoked early morning attack in my tent.

we had a real fun ride up though, and joe is a hardcore dude tossing in the towel early and making the drive back to baltimore alone on sunday morning around 11 a.m. to get home at about 10 or 1030. but hes a fun guy to travel with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
So what is the Bridgestone story?[quote]Originally posted by ksmolenski

Craig,
(I know the B/S story) but what happened to the Honda?

Peace
Karl

[/quote]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mr. Hayden,
we wanted to thank you profusely for the loan of your highly prized Bridgestone. It has been a pleasure and treat to work on and ride such a powerful little beast. (I'm serious!)

Unfortunately upon entering Moss's corner Craig found no front brake and instead of scrubbing off speed by sliding the front end and balancing the bike on his knee (what I would have done) he decided that the another downshift might encourage some engine braking (a very sensible thing to do since the last time I tried to scrub off speed by sliding the front end and balancing the bike on my knee it didn't work so well), regardless of what he did or I would have done, the circa 1967 rings didn't react well to the high RPM flutter to which they were subjected. We've returned the fractured rings to Bridgestone's factory for metallurgical analysis (and we're still waiting for an answer) if we don't hear soon we may have to show them to Kevin C. at the banquet but until we have a more in depth understanding we'll be running Wiseco RM 80 pistons and rings (which I have sitting right here on my desk). Now why the brake didn't work is the real question.

Anyways Larry, that's the short answer. We'll get her back together and faster than before.

Thanks
Karl

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
caferacer camp

endurance team

first crash/red flag endurance race

the red molly, vinent side car that jersey girl went racing on

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
See that lump next to the two firemen? That's a motorcycle. Or what's left of one. The rider is hurt pretty bad from what I understand. Not a good situation.

Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i have some on board video from pratice and you can see the skid mark that bike left as it was tank slapping or what ever it was doing before he went down,
graig i had to use the telephoto to zoom in on the wreck i wasnt even sure if that was the guys bike or not, they made an anouncement at riders meeting said rider had sucessful surgery,but dont know what that really means, it was a bad one

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
In midge's video I'm the guy at the end after everyone has gone through. I stalled the bike before the start. I ended up finishing in the top 15 in my bump class. I was pretty happy with that race.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so did you get your camera back??? was it in your van, under your sleeping bag??? conspiring with bills transponder??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts