Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just a heads up for those heading to Mosport for the first time. VRRA's safty wire requirements are different from the USCRA's. They require more than the USCRA does. Big difference is shock bolts/nuts. Both top and bottom. And swingarm bolts/nuts. You may want to check out their rulebook to save yourself some time at the track.

A lot easier to safty wire at home than at the track. B.T.D.T.

Craig

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
last year i went up to tech with bike and out of leathers just to find out what was wrong with my bike. tech guy was friendly enough about it, but gave me a list of stuff to do. kind of shook his head in amazement when he saw my bike (last race on it had been a crash, and to canada it came the same way). so i fixed what he wanted, he double checked it, and i rode the afternoon practice sessions.

craigs' right, do it before hand!

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
last year i went up to tech with bike and out of leathers just to find out what was wrong with my bike. tech guy was friendly enough about it, but gave me a list of stuff to do. kind of shook his head in amazement when he saw my bike (last race on it had been a crash, and to canada it came the same way). so i fixed what he wanted, he double checked it, and i rode the afternoon practice sessions.

craigs' right, do it before hand!

tex

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Craig, I never thanked you for taking the time to point all this stuff out to me when we did the track day/ race school. It's a bit intimidating when you first start trying to figure all this shit out. Having someone say "you'll need to do this for canada, this for wera, this is what ahrma looks for..." was a big help.

thanks.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Craig, I never thanked you for taking the time to point all this stuff out to me when we did the track day/ race school. It's a bit intimidating when you first start trying to figure all this shit out. Having someone say "you'll need to do this for canada, this for wera, this is what ahrma looks for..." was a big help.

thanks.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, everyone...good luck in canada. make sure to fill us in on everything when you get back. should be a real nice laid back race com[ared to mid o. enjoy!

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, everyone...good luck in canada. make sure to fill us in on everything when you get back. should be a real nice laid back race com[ared to mid o. enjoy!

jc

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The VRRA website is saying pre-registration figures are higher than they've ever been. Should be a full program.

Rosko, you get a ride yet? Any other FCB guys other than TEX going? Final packing tonight.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The VRRA website is saying pre-registration figures are higher than they've ever been. Should be a full program.

Rosko, you get a ride yet? Any other FCB guys other than TEX going? Final packing tonight.

Jeff

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am gonna see what is going on this weekend but might make the trip up there to watch and look for any projects for sale

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am gonna see what is going on this weekend but might make the trip up there to watch and look for any projects for sale

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
jeff,

i'm out....sorry dude. saving my pennies for granite state. i'm planning on heading up to loudon early (lrrs) to take over turn 2 and turn it into it........campsexytexy!

see you all trackside (laborday) and good luck to you lucky pricks going to mosport. bring home some wood!

tex

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am not sure how everyone did, but I know a regular to this board got a 1st. Awesome job Craig!! Congrats!

Heard Rabbie did well and Rabbie and Christina did well on the sidecar. Just spoke to my mom quickly tonight so this is all I got so far...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. The middleweight race was a blast. There were 48 bikes on the grid. The first wave was the P2 heavyweight bikes. Wave two was our middleweight race. Joe Ruth got a hellava start and I got a crappy start. I went into the first turn in about fifth place. But by the start of the second lap I moved up to second behind Joe. But by then he had a big lead. And I don't know that I would have caught him. But we got a red flag when another USCRA racer went down hard. On the restart Joe had the holeshot once more but I got off in second. Then as Rossi says we had an incredible battle. I closed the gap a few times but Joe pulled away when we ran into traffic from the first wave. On the final lap I closed right on Joe's ass in Moss's corner. Then he did the dumbest thing a racer could do. Ran out of gas. Especially dumb after he told Frank not to put in any more gas because he had enough in the tank.

The weekend was fantastic. The Canadian's know how to run a smooth event. Registration, even with the transponders, took less than five minutes to get through the line. Weather was great. USCRA racers showed who are the fastest. Rabbie and Roper battling it out in the ligtweight race. I finished a distant fifth in that one. Seeing the bike that Frank raced 40 years ago was cool. There were a couple of USCRA guys that went down. John Carr got his bell rung pretty good on Saturday. His bike's gonna need some help. Mark Hull went down hard on Sunday. As of Sunday evening I didn't hear how he was doing.

Mosport is another don't miss event on the racing calendar. Texy you should have gone.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
nice goin craig! wow, 2 weekends with 40 bike grids. pretty intense!

joe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts