Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Parks,

I don't think the 50cc Cub I got from you will be in the giro, still some electrical issue to work out, but some of the bike may be---my plans are to temporarily stick that sweet running motor in my blue cub for the event.

It took me a bit to get your pun...........duh!

By the way, if you are running team Taco, I heard that Team Motobi already won!

Jack

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:The Saturday Lunch stop will be at the elementary school in Cooperstown
HOT DAMN !!...I'm goin' for the pizzaburger and green beens...yum..

Jack, if you're riding a 50, can I take that there are not any giant mountains ?

dch.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Dale,

I am not sure what I will be riding, but I think the honda 50 would be the most fun. I may have my wife bring it to the lunch stop and I will ride it on the afternoon loop Sat. There are a couple hills but nothing that would stop the bike. When I was a kid we would get the 50 up the big steep hills by jumping off the bike as it started to lug down, and run along side it until we reached the top, then jumped back one. Of course if riding two up the passenger would have bailed much closer to the bottom.

Damn I had fun with that bike riding it in the fields and a few back roads back in the 60's.

No big vermont mountains.. Just NY hills.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
btw..team motobi has already won the team award. 8 entries!! what does team 160 have to say about that??

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Team motobi won the spring Giro the minute the registration opened!

But, team 160 may surprize you--remember Champ, you are in my territory, watch your speed closly, I have friends on the force....

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
By the way, Champ, do you know how many bikes are actually entered overall? A while ago Bob was talking 92, but that really seems high.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
quote:But, team 160 may surprize you--remember Champ, you are in my territory, watch your speed closly, I have friends on the force
YAAWWWNNN

quote:By the way, Champ, do you know how many bikes are actually entered overall? A while ago Bob was talking 92, but that really seems high.
Dunno

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:what does team 160 have to say about that??
well my friend, what's the point...but I'll be carrying 3 or 4 motobi carbs to sell along the way, may as well make some gas money...

d.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just got back from a 60 mile shake down. The Motobi 125 is ready to go. Now I just have to pack my tank bag with a roadside fix-it kit and I'm ready to rip up some Catskill roads. After all I am the poster boy!!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Everyone knows I'm a Honda guy...but man, in the looks department, the Hondas and the Motobi's are a world apart. Those Moto's are just plain beautiful.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:Now I just have to pack my tank bag with a roadside fix-it kit and
worlds largest tank bag...only way to fit the spare motobi..

JohnnyB, don't feed his ego...!!!!

but you're right they are cute, not as cute as a Bultaco, or a 160, but cute....

dch.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
TEAM MOTOBI AT LAST YEARS GIRO EAST. I'M READY!!

l-r bill from bmw 125cc, bill burke 200cc, champy 250cc, peter davidson 250cc and the ropster in the back ground.

·
Registered
569 Posts
team160 - Vermont '07, we kicked teamMotobi's gay ass...

l-r JackC, Rick S., dch, JerseyGirl, Matt C. (Camelhairy Jr)

d.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Champ
Just rename it Team Sausage Party.
If you want to win you need a hot chick who rides fast

21 - 40 of 95 Posts