Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
well, not that this means anything, but that doesnt take much!

jc

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can ALL eat mud! Team 305 (3 of us that I know of) will be there with POWER to spare and winning style. Any other 305s coming to ride in the rain?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yeah Beth, yer DREAM-ing! Maybe team 160 will rise again!

Midge, what Taco you riding?? If I decide to ride my Ducati I will have to repeat my mantra over and over--shift right, shift right, shift right...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
jack i'll be riding a bultaco campera, first time out on her, i'm thinking of putting a sticker on the inside of my helmet visor, shift right, and brake left

·
Registered
569 Posts
my giro thoughts....

I'll probably skip the fall giro.

anyway to anyone who may have input to the fall event..

while we can't control the weather, the mud parking lot was a drag.

venue; find someplace with enough parking, and will serve early coffee at least !!!!. One of the only good things about the gray bonnet was the breakfast..a low point at plattekill. on the plus side it was kinda nice to meet and greet with the mountain bikers, those kids are are the balls..!!.. so how long is your race...4 minutes, if you don't crash.

slow it down, shorter loops 40-50 miles vs. 70-90 miles..maybe more checks, stamp checks ?, a nice brisk ride vs. a f'ing race to the check point, I like going fast as much as the next guy, but I have no desire to blow up my vintage bike...yeah, so Shut up Dale, go buy something you don't mind thrashing...maybe that's the answer.

dirt...need I say anything ? less is better

lose the goodie bag, or fill it with something useful, a hat, uscra stickers, a cool tool..chain lube..k-y jelly...but not a ribbon with Strempfers mug on it...wtf am I gonna do with a ribbon ?, I luv ya Champ, but a ribbon ?

a certian rider ran into the back of my 160 at a quick turn, must've been trying to out brake a honda and or following to close ?? Broke a impossible to find, very expensive 160 part...I'm still pissed about that. He thought it was a funny ha, ha, joke..not even hey sorry man..

make the team thing real...I know how much Champ and others are motobi bigots, and they are very neat bikes..but really now, it's become a bad joke...and team award goes to....drum roll... teamMotobi wins the team award..comn' .. encourage it on the uscra yahoo list, team160 teamTaco, maybe teamAermacchi , teamDuc, team50cc, you get the picture, I think it would make it more fun, and just add up the points for scoring, not alot of extra work.

vent off.....

and yes, I am willing to put up or shut up, so if I am asked to help I will. I went through a 1/2 tank of gas doing arrows...it's expensive to volunteer these days..

dch.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
dch why the sad face? whas goin on?

OK, you edited before i posted.

That's why we didn't go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all. Overall, a good 'Giro this weekend. The mud was a nuisance, but on the positive side it leveled the playing field between the restored bikes and us "daily drivers", since after the first day you couldn't tell one from the other thru the splatter. :)
But yeah, that PM leg on Saturday was a quick one. I got crossed up and lost probably 15 minutes out on Rt30 but I kept a "bat out of hell" pace up on my CB72, and was still 18 minutes late. Not that I was in the running for anything, esp. in the 250 class.
Sunday's run was a bit better, a little less unpaved sections (the crazy lady was nowhere to be seen) and some great scenery.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Swampy,

Welcome to Caferacer!

What the hell were you doing on Rt. 30 Sat PM???? The route never came within 10 miles of Rt 30. We did run about 100' on Rt. 10..

Sunday I nearly lost it in the mud on that downhill road just out of Prattsville that quickly turned to dirt (really mud), then a pretty sharp right hand turn. I also screwed around too long at the general store checkpoint, then missed the turn where they had "Futlon Hill Rd" on the sheet, but it was actually "West Fulton" Road, and had to make up over 15 min. ended up OK.

Hopefully they will post the total results on the uscra website, but don't hold your breath--the fall tallies still aren't up.

That crazy lady was really spooky--she tried to ram one of my riding companions even.

Unfortunatley I will not be able to make the Sat. leg of the fall giro, but hope to be there for the Sunday ride.

Dale, send him a bill for the Honda part, or an estimate for the repair from a bike shop and see what happens. If it had been me, or most anyone, I would have been apologizing all over the place and immediatly looking for a replacement part for you.

Jack

41 - 60 of 95 Posts