Cafe Racer Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know there are repo cb77 ones out there, haven't seen any for the 160, they're different, I'm hoping one turns up from tiwan or someplace or a good used one. I'd post on the f160 list, I figure those guys must have them laying around but they seem to ignore the east coast...

something will turn up, always does.

dch.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
can we assume no matter what it fetches, a certain someone will pay the bill (or should i say the "pal")?
-parks

·
Registered
569 Posts
well, as long as that certain someone is me...but I won't go nuts on it, and I have a line on a used one I'll check out tomorrow..

dch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bob Coy dropped a hint where the fall Giro would be. It started with an A and was in southern New Hampsrire. Anyone remember?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Ashunty, Chutney, something like that, if there is such a place...lots of time those New Hampshire folks pronouce a word NOTHING like it is spelled. Kind of like guys from Joisey.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
back to the Giro folks, I just wanted to state for interweb posterity that, while I can understand some of the gripes, I would love to see the Giro evolve into a real on-road race as it was originally. Whether that is possible or not I have no idea. If folks want to 'win' without having to push themselves or their bikes perhaps they should enter a bike show instead? An event like this is not easy on man or machine but it really shouldn't be, if it were easy it would not be so gratifying right?

Yes, I know the current Giro is not a race per say BUT, it's namesake was and perhaps with the current resurgence of interest in vintage bikes we can work toward creating an event to put motorcycles and their riders through the ringer as god intended: on open roads.

Like so:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think anyone would have a hard time getting the AMA to sanction an all out road race on public roads, and without a sanction to cover insurance an event of any kind would be risky to say the least.
I would imagine setting an average speed that would make it a challenge for the 250/305 bikes would be unobtainable for the 65/125 bikes. The current averages are doable on a 125 but you don't have time to miss an arrow or stop to smell the flowers, and I believe that's how it should be. I would imagine that the 250/305 guys had time to run the loop twice and maybe they did as some passed me two or three times:). Maybe that's why the original Giro was limited to 175cc.
Right now the time limits (average speed) seem just right for my 125, I have to stay on it all day and if I make a mistake I end up coming into the check point late.

·
Registered
569 Posts
try following Champ and Fred on 250's for 2 days....this is not a race...but there was that little incident, let's see what was that again ?

dch.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts