Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
That is a nice looking goose.

Must admit I wonder why the closeup pic of the shock mount--is it showing the unfinished edge where you cut a bracket off?
Also why no tacho?

I am a guzzi guy, w/ a couple v50's. Can't wait until the v7 11 comes to the USA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Must admit I wonder why the closeup pic of the shock mount--is it showing the unfinished edge where you cut a bracket off?
Also why no tacho?

I am a guzzi guy, w/ a couple v50's. Can't wait until the v7 11 comes to the USA.
well as usual the new commers ar not welkomed! Jack the close up pic il to show the stainless still wascer hand made and the screw that are not the original wich unlikely those are very ceep looking and sticking put very ugly.
regarding the "unfinisced edge of a bracket that i should have cut off i wonder wich bracket you mean because there was no bracket to be cutted off there the welding you see is guzzi's standard welding. i feel sorry that after all this work all you could see is something that it is not even there !

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
well as usual the new commers ar not welkomed!
Excuse me? How about you fuck off back to wherever the hell you came from. Don't be rude to the one person on here you liked your bike. You got about as good a welcoming as someone gets around here, esp given that the bike is just mediocre. What were you expecting, champagne from the heavens?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Any actual improvements to the bike?
or is it a painted stocker?

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Who wants to bet this guy is already gone? :rolleyes:
He'll check back in a few days, google translate will give him a hilarious mis-transaltion of the phrase "fuck off", he'll assume we all hate his work and then literally fuck off. Whether he replies a second time depends entirely on how humorous the google translation is for the phrase "fuck off" and whether his ire is raised.

It's a pretty bike, but pretty alone doesn't cut it. A spec sheet would have been nice but I suspect that too much to ask for.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
He will be back.
i see an ebay listing in the future....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Also why no tacho?

DSC_0124.jpg

i hope i could speak and vrite english better but i am a self learned ...so i apologize if i got it wrong, i don't know what is a tacho?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
the thing that tells you how fast your engine is spinning while you are "racing"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any actual improvements to the bike?
or is it a painted stocker?
Jaguar thanks for posting a comment
whene i strted this project the purpose was to make a "cafe racer" and the imput from the owner was : short front and rear fenders small seat and lower riding position so as i started i decided to cut off the cylinder finn more round than i build from scrach all the alluminium parts front fearing front and rear fenders and side covers, the brake pedal and gier shift as been shortened a little and the peg also are welded in other position, the rear disk guard has been cutted off the brake sistem is also now separated fron and rear, i build also a small box for the oil fumes wich comes out the engine.
all the standard screwes where possible are replaced with stainless polished . dash board has also been made from alluminium plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the thing that tells you how fast your engine is spinning while you are "racing"
ooo yes a tachometer! of couse i should have understand...
well i was asked to make the dashboard as simple as possible only speedometer and 2 light for neutral and oil

- - - Updated - - -

So you are paid for this work?
ahahahah i hope! right now he gived me a honda transalp 600cc as payment!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excuse me? How about you fuck off back to wherever the hell you came from. Don't be rude to the one person on here you liked your bike. You got about as good a welcoming as someone gets around here, esp given that the bike is just mediocre. What were you expecting, champagne from the heavens?

This how it is around here?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts