Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a '75 CB750K5 and i just recently purchased a motogadget m-unit and ricks regulator/rectifier combo. I have most of the bike wired, all the lights and buttons work, now I'm moving onto the starter/charging system. Im a bit confused about how to wire the reg/rec, I know the black cable goes in with lock, but I have 7 other wires I'm not sure where they go, 3 yellow, 1 red, 2 green (each are a different gauge wire) and 1 white, any help would be greatly appreciated so i can get this thing on the road, thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Did you not buy the Rick reg/rec that is specifically for the CB750? Those are supposed to be plug and play. For most other units the early Honda charging system switches the field coil on and off with the power wire, while modern regulators switch the ground side. As mentioned earlier I would email Ricks and see which one you have. Otherwise hook the wires to the Honda wires of the same color. The 3 yellows go to the stator windings, the one green is frame ground, the other goes to the field coil, the other white goes to the field coil, and the red goes to battery plus, if I recall correctly.

You can save lots of money next time by just buying a 1979 CB750 reg/rec and changing 1 wire.

rectwiring.jpg regulators.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts