Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,871 Posts
Kevin,

I have the following Giro eligible bikes for sale (or TRADE for that 350 race bike maybe...). Was your bike #707?

55 Triumph tiger cub project- complete but apart, missing only the gearshift indicator that goes in the headlight. I nearly had this bike done, then the cellar was flooded, the work bench floated, then tipped over. RATS $1500

55 Ariel Colt project-all togther but seized from sitting for 25 years. Missing the muffler, tool box and some wiring. This is a very rare, unusual bike--ever seen one? $1300 or trade

Please note the above 2 bikes and one of the S65's were in a flood. The triumph and honda under water for 3 days, but I think I got them fixed ok. The ariel only had some water in the gearbox.

66 Honda CA160 with CA95 Motor- kind of rough but complete. I pushed it home last time I road it. I was going to run it in the Giro this year, but then I bought a real nice CA160 the monday before the event. $300 or trade

2 mid 60's Honda s65's make one from two.......$250 the pair or BO or trade

Let me know if you are interested in any of the above.

Jack

· Registered
3,871 Posts
Kevin,

I have the following Giro eligible bikes for sale (or TRADE for that 350 race bike maybe...). Was your bike #707?

55 Triumph tiger cub project- complete but apart, missing only the gearshift indicator that goes in the headlight. I nearly had this bike done, then the cellar was flooded, the work bench floated, then tipped over. RATS $1500

55 Ariel Colt project-all togther but seized from sitting for 25 years. Missing the muffler, tool box and some wiring. This is a very rare, unusual bike--ever seen one? $1300 or trade

Please note the above 2 bikes and one of the S65's were in a flood. The triumph and honda under water for 3 days, but I think I got them fixed ok. The ariel only had some water in the gearbox.

66 Honda CA160 with CA95 Motor- kind of rough but complete. I pushed it home last time I road it. I was going to run it in the Giro this year, but then I bought a real nice CA160 the monday before the event. $300 or trade

2 mid 60's Honda s65's make one from two.......$250 the pair or BO or trade

Let me know if you are interested in any of the above.

Jack

· Registered
3,871 Posts
There was a guy there with a 70's CB175 this year. But I don't think it was an offical entry. Check with George DeCamp if the 175 will be allowed next year. I understand that they are going to allow the CB CA CL 77 honda 305's next year. There was also I 125 single that was not of the proper year, and the guy had to replace the disc brake with a drum to be able to participate. I think the bike is shown on this site with the disc setup.

· Registered
3,871 Posts
There was a guy there with a 70's CB175 this year. But I don't think it was an offical entry. Check with George DeCamp if the 175 will be allowed next year. I understand that they are going to allow the CB CA CL 77 honda 305's next year. There was also I 125 single that was not of the proper year, and the guy had to replace the disc brake with a drum to be able to participate. I think the bike is shown on this site with the disc setup.

· Registered
3,871 Posts
Dgy,

That MBG GT had a 4 clyinder motor driving the rear wheels, mounted in the usual manner. The only older MG that had the engine sideways was the MG 1100 which was a rebadged Austin Princess, which was kind of a rebadged Wolsey Hornet, Which was an evolution of the original Morris/Austin Mini.

Did you write an article for Road Bike Magazine this year before the Giro? It was pretty good! Do you know if the event will be covered in an upcoming issue?

Thanks,
Jack

· Registered
3,871 Posts
DGY,

Did Buzz leave on Sat or Sunday? Wasn't it Sunday that there was the mixup where the sheet said go left, but the arrows pointed right?
I was lucky that George was there pointing the correct way.

The MGB GT is a coupe, just not what you are thinking of.

Jack

· Registered
3,871 Posts
DGY,

Which Mag did Jessica move too? She did a good job writing, and helped to show that girls ride too.

I must admit my favorite automotive writer is Peter Egan. Maybe he would come to the giro next year, heck, I would even let him ride my Ducati... I think I will send him a letter.

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.