Cafe Racer Forum banner

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 4 | Austria | Red Bull Ring | Aug 14-16

1K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  3364 
#1 ·
Ready for the next round !/?

#2 ·
Love the track layout. Always seems to be a dive bomb into the last corner...

Yamaha will be down a little in the mega straights.

Let's see if KTM can continue their success.

Dovi won last year right? MM tried the dive bomb move and Dovi drove right under?

2020 ducati's unfortunately suck. So I'm going to say Zarco podiums.

#3 · (Edited)
Zarco
Miller
Binder

Can't count Dovi out here but I think there is some weirdness with the factory management so he is off my top list and I am putting next years factory team up top and Binder as runner up.

Pole like Crutchlow will have the pace but wont resist a tour of the gravel.

#6 ·
Dani Pedrosa is a great benefit to the campaign for KTM and I had hopped that I was going to get to see him wildcard this year but covid killed that. It should make him feel great to have beaten Honda with his help in development. The Marc bike "I don't care if it handles just make it fast" clearly has not worked out for anyone in the long run. Marc may just have beaten himself.

LOL I can never see the Instagram/twitter/Facebook/ticktock/etc. as they are all blocked on my network. I used to use Facebook on a clean browser with nothing to be tracked and blocking on my network but I was declared to be not adhering to healthy social norms or some other BS and my account was blocked and banned. At that point I started fully blocking all social media and associated tracking except for Google as life is so embedded in with them, I could not see a way out.

#8 ·
Dovi and the duc great in the rain Yamaha is in trouble with their engines Zarco unknown in the rain on the duc the new KTM could shine and than there is Honda? Ducati Suzuki sweep with a possible KTM spoiler? It’s gonna be a long weekend.

#13 ·
It may be the tires as they are different than this years build and the same as last years for this track. Dovi cant seem to adjust to the new tire, " Not an issue here". Yamaha probably dialed the bikes back to full power for qualifying but down for practice. The Yamaha may go POOF in the race trim or just slow. Binder I believe is known for coming from the back for the win in the loser class. I think Zarco was tasked with towing Miller to try to get him on pole so his chances were diminished.

#15 · (Edited)
Great race!
Drama, carnage, speed and strategy. What a roller coaster ride it’s been.

How do you go from 11 or 12th last race with like 20th qualifying to winner very next race?
Yamaha are as f’d up right now as they can be leading the riders and constructors championship. They are lost at some tracks... Rossi is going to be leading Yamaha soon.

#17 · (Edited)
Told you Pol E would do the pea-gravel tour.

Ducati was yet again reserved in Dovi's win.

Rossi is lucky to be walking and talking this afternoon.

Zarco looked devastated for his part. I would blame Ducati for making Zarco pull Miller in an attempt to get him ahead of Dovi on the starting grid. Had he gone for position on his own for himself he would have started elsewhere.

#19 · (Edited)
Apparently a huger crash was had in moto 2... yikes.
I am totally NOT a nascar crash fest fan. Especially on motorcycles... but look at these

Amazingly no one died and I think so far everyone has escaped serious injury... I think that is H Syrhain hitting a downed bike on track at full trot in moto2 crash.

#23 ·
It may take a couple more gravel pit tours before Pol learns to look before closing back onto the line when he goes wide. Twice in a row?

Reactions: 3364
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.