Cafe Racer Forum banner

MotoGp I

4K views 35 replies 5 participants last post by  3364 
#1 ·
It was good to see MotoGp back and how well everyone dealt with distancing at the track (in the pits) even with the heat they took the rules with serious respect and no one got DQ'd for breaking them. They'll be back next weekend to see how much they learned on this first outing.

Was sad to see Marquez, Rins and Crutchlow unload in such a way that they most likely will be off the mootorbikes for a bit of time. I suspect that the rather high track temps made getting tires and pressures dialed in; as all the get-offs looked like adhesion had left the building at inappropriate moments.

#2 ·
So, might want to add spoiler alert to your post title. Just in case someone hasn't watched the race yet.

Definitely nice to watch them race again.
I have just about accepted Rossi is done. :(

What a save and then what a comeback, then what an off! That was at least 3 races worth of action!
Only thing that beats MM is MM... He was the cream of the crop still today.

#3 ·
So, might want to add spoiler alert to your post title. Just in case someone hasn't watched the race yet.

Definitely nice to watch them race again.
I have just about accepted Rossi is done. :(

What a save and then what a comeback, then what an off! That was at least 3 races worth of action!
Only thing that beats MM is MM... He was the cream of the crop still today.
Don't know if MM is unbeatable anymore El Diablo is pretty fast and not at all as beat up. Also with a short 13 race season missing two weekends may spell the end. I suspect this championship is all about getting as many points as you can without getting hurt of getting any DFN's. If I was a crew chief I'd be saying "stay on the bloody motorbike and keep the motorbike upright.

#5 ·
Might be able to get 5 days free MOTOGP if you sign up for free basic account make sure you time it so you can watch through sunday.

Free Trial Pass
Five for FREE: MotoGP™ VideoPass with no cost!
Watch all of our OnDemand content
An exclusive selection
€0.00

The five-day free trial is available to you until 03/08/20 at 23:59 CET

#13 ·
On a side note...
Anyone hear what Rossi changed on his bike.
He was clearly more comfortable and the better bike on the brakes and corner entry.

Will 'Rossi-style' Yamaha work at Brno?

Rossi wouldn't be drawn on the exact details of what they wanted to modify for round two, although Italian TV spotted a revised swingarm pivot.
"It's not just the pivot, but we have some other differences. It's another style of bike," said Rossi, whose stronger braking and corner entry allowed him to resist team-mate Vinales until the penultimate lap.

#17 ·
The racing should be intense. I think it would have been a better circuit for Honda but as good as Bradl is it's got to be a hard place to go and learn the Honda. All I've read as to the motorbikes handling says it's a handful if it doesn't fit your style. Can't wait to see how KTM and Suzuki do, as it seems to me they may be coming into their own and we're going to have two new manufacturers who can run at the front.

All I know is it took a long time to get the season going but now that it's here I'm glad I can watch the races in both WSBK and MotoGp...........................can you overdose on bike racing ?....................naw never happen. Cheers

#21 ·
Mostly I think Puig is full of BS. Mark wanted to ride Puig was not want to stop him. After all he is World champion so Mr Puig gave in and Pop goes the humerus. Now the don't want to blame Dr Mir, they don't want to blame Mark and sure as hell Mr. Puig is not taking any responsibility so the blame is now on a woman and a door. All I can say is when I watched the video of that practice he went out made a lap and was back in. Looking at the video he was a hurting puppy when he headed to the trailer.

Does look as if he will not be Worlds Champion in 2020 unless his competition has worst luck than he.

#30 ·
Since when did they start inverting the grid in MotoGP?
Very good/interesting race today!

#31 ·
Since when did they start inverting the grid in MotoGP?
Very good/interesting race today!
All that and Zarco shows how to do a proper long lap penalty. Even had his knee down. Bet they're still pouring the pints in Pretoria. It wasn't the most exciting GP I've ever watched as far as down and dirty competition but I loved the fact that no one who you'd have thought would win,,,,,,,,,,,,,won.

I suspect Pol is not too happy as Zarco did give him a bump but then Zarco shows the finger to the officials and only looses what I think was less that 15 sec's. The price he may have paid was I think with the tire problems the Yamaha's were having he may have passed Franco if not for second if not for the Long Lap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.