Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Guess the second surgery is on his home owners insurance.
Mostly I think Puig is full of BS. Mark wanted to ride Puig was not want to stop him. After all he is World champion so Mr Puig gave in and Pop goes the humerus. Now the don't want to blame Dr Mir, they don't want to blame Mark and sure as hell Mr. Puig is not taking any responsibility so the blame is now on a woman and a door. All I can say is when I watched the video of that practice he went out made a lap and was back in. Looking at the video he was a hurting puppy when he headed to the trailer.

Does look as if he will not be Worlds Champion in 2020 unless his competition has worst luck than he.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Aprilia like .3 off pole?!?
A 2019 ducati besting all the 2020's by a HUGE margin. Nuts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Aprilia like .3 off pole?!?
A 2019 ducati besting all the 2020's by a HUGE margin. Nuts
I don’t think Dovi is trying as hard as he might have in the past. Probably disgruntled a bit with the contract talks.

I love seeing Zarco get pole!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don’t think Dovi is trying as hard as he might have in the past. Probably disgruntled a bit with the contract talks.

I love seeing Zarco get pole!
Got to be the season of the unexpected. Glad I didn't put any money on how I thought qualifying wos going to go. Even Moto-3 was totally upside down with half the fast guys waiting too long before they pulled the on their fast run.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Not a factory ride to be seen (on the podium)... did Honda even race today, lol.
amazing!
Factory MM "Honda" is down!

All likable charters on podium got to love that I can feel good for all of them.
Pol won his politics but ultimately lost out on his door shutting move after continually running wide, makes me happy Zarco still made the podium.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Since when did they start inverting the grid in MotoGP?
Very good/interesting race today!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Since when did they start inverting the grid in MotoGP?
Very good/interesting race today!
All that and Zarco shows how to do a proper long lap penalty. Even had his knee down. Bet they're still pouring the pints in Pretoria. It wasn't the most exciting GP I've ever watched as far as down and dirty competition but I loved the fact that no one who you'd have thought would win,,,,,,,,,,,,,won.

I suspect Pol is not too happy as Zarco did give him a bump but then Zarco shows the finger to the officials and only looses what I think was less that 15 sec's. The price he may have paid was I think with the tire problems the Yamaha's were having he may have passed Franco if not for second if not for the Long Lap.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
All that and Zarco shows how to do a proper long lap penalty. Even had his knee down. Bet they're still pouring the pints in Pretoria. It wasn't the most exciting GP I've ever watched as far as down and dirty competition but I loved the fact that no one who you'd have thought would win,,,,,,,,,,,,,won.

I suspect Pol is not too happy as Zarco did give him a bump but then Zarco shows the finger to the officials and only looses what I think was less that 15 sec's. The price he may have paid was I think with the tire problems the Yamaha's were having he may have passed Franco if not for second if not for the Long Lap.
Seems Stoner is calling BS on the officials giving Zarco a long lap also. Ie: “you can’t keep running wide and than cut the curb and expect someone to not be there”. Zarco took it all well and dealt with the press well while they seem to be pressing for inciting statements. Class act by Zarco, and entertaining in the post race conference to boot.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Seems Stoner is calling BS on the officials giving Zarco a long lap also. Ie: “you can’t keep running wide and than cut the curb and expect someone to not be there”. Zarco took it all well and dealt with the press well while they seem to be pressing for inciting statements. Class act by Zarco, and entertaining in the post race conference to boot.
Yeah I thought it was bs too. Pol went wide. You can’t come back on line without looking.

Everyone went nuts on Lorenzo a couple years ago at Jerez when he and Dovi went wide and Lorenzo came back into Pedrosa and all three ended up in the kitty litter

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
NIC, I find it a wee bit interesting how different motorbike racing rules differ from automobile racing rules. I automobiles I was told that I had to make a clean pass (rule book states "overtaking driver has the responsibility for making a clean pass) when passing. If bad things happened while I was making a move it was on me. I got no credit for showing a wheel or anything like that. If there was a crash while you were passing you own it............period ! Yep Zarco took it quite well in my book and I agree with Stoner. Pol didn't complete his pass bad on him; I was glad he didn't take Zarco out.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts