Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend we've got WSBK and MotoGp if you have the live feed and crome you can watch it on TV. For me life can't get much better except it really could if they'd only do the Real Road Races in the UK the same way. Only problem with that would be that I may never leave my couch so my riders race bikes would never get finished so I could go racing myself.

So will another young rider get to stand on the box ? Will Dovi get a win in spite of the Duc's wrench spiners not having their shit together will all the Yamaha riders be starting on the pit lane. Will Chaz Davis get a handle on the four pot WSBK Duc's and be back to his winning ways.

Hell if this season was a movie no one knowing anything about motorbike racing would watch it because it was sooooooo far out there who would even think it was possible. Alice on Wonderbike (y):D馃馃 !!!!!

Registered
The Northern Ireland races are, or were pre-covid broadcast live, throughout the day on the BBC, you'll probably need a VPN to get access though but they're great.

MotoGP and WSBK I get to watch here as they're part of my TV package.

Registered
Pay for MotoGP but quit World Superbike last season due to the boring races the previous few years. I never was fond of the 2 race format either. Ultimately watching motorcycle racing in the USA has been difficult at best. For many years I could not see even motogp as it was completely unavailable from my media selections. Missed most of Valentino鈥檚 domination all of Stoner鈥檚 years.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Pay for MotoGP but quit World Superbike last season due to the boring races the previous few years. I never was fond of the 2 race format either. Ultimately watching motorcycle racing in the USA has been difficult at best. For many years I could not see even motogp as it was completely unavailable from my media selections. Missed most of Valentino鈥檚 domination all of Stoner鈥檚 years.
I do agree that the WSBK races ; especially the new format with the super-poll race and the second race grid based on the results of super-poll has gotten a wee bit convoluted. This said I really enjoy the 600 and 300 races the 300 is totally crazy with people coming from 10th place to win on the last lap.

Registered
Are the MotoGP commentators AI generated? The repetition is almost annoying at times. If I hear "Keeping His Powder Dry" one more time I think I may shoot someone!
No replacement for Nick Harris!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Are the MotoGP commentators AI generated? The repetition is almost annoying at times. If I hear "Keeping His Powder Dry" one more time I think I may shoot someone!
No replacement for Nick Harris!
When I can hear what he's saying I do enjoy Simon Crafar pit side commentary. Also if you get a chance go to the MotoGp website and check out his technical topics, He did one on riding gear that was really amazing.

Registered
Do you guys get BSB over there? It's the best national series and, although I've brit coloured glasses on is better than WSBK too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys get BSB over there? It's the best national series and, although I've brit coloured glasses on is better than WSBK too.
I do get delayed coverage. And quite so is a great series and they sure less likely to RED FLAG a race for rain just joshing. Been watching because I get to see the Road Race guys like Hickey and Hutchins who are our heros from the TT and the Manx. They aren't all fast like Hickey on the closed courses but still fun to watch and the racing among the top guys is pretty mega in my view.

Registered
I stopped watching a lot of short circuit stuff as I've been bitten by the roads since my trip to the Manx GP but as the Wuhan wheezer has decimated that, I've been back watching the short stuff, which a lot of road racing lads are doing too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I stopped watching a lot of short circuit stuff as I've been bitten by the roads since my trip to the Manx GP but as the Wuhan wheezer has decimated that, I've been back watching the short stuff, which a lot of road racing lads are doing too.
I am also enamored with the road race world. Have you heard about the new venue at Isle of Wight ? Also check out our last run at the TT course at [email protected] from 3 years ago. It will give you a hint why we're trying to get back .

Registered
Yeah, IoW looks like it could be good.strangely I've done that course, just about when I took my blade (the one in the my resto thread) on holiday there just over 10 year ago.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, IoW looks like it could be good.strangely I've done that course, just about when I took my blade (the one in the my resto thread) on holiday there just over 10 year ago.
So are we see it correctly ? It looks to be very fast but narrow as hell. My understanding from the organizers is they really hard to interrupt as few residence as possible so as to be able to do it more than one time. If you are interested they're also trying to do a race in Mexico next year. We have been looking at some of the other races on the continent like Finland and Holland. Really just the Northern IRC races. It's funny I've build a few race bikes but for closed course races. Road Race bikes are a different animal. The GSXR I build for the TT course was way too tuned and if you read my wifes blog you'll get a total run-down of why that was not a great plan. If you don't bother I just say BOOM !

Registered
So are we see it correctly ? It looks to be very fast but narrow as hell. My understanding from the organizers is they really hard to interrupt as few residence as possible so as to be able to do it more than one time. If you are interested they're also trying to do a race in Mexico next year. We have been looking at some of the other races on the continent like Finland and Holland. Really just the Northern IRC races. It's funny I've build a few race bikes but for closed course races. Road Race bikes are a different animal. The GSXR I build for the TT course was way too tuned and if you read my wifes blog you'll get a total run-down of why that was not a great plan. If you don't bother I just say BOOM !
Pretty much, yeah. I "obviously" followed speed limits but, from what I remember it's as tight, if not tighter in parts as the IoM village/town bits and the "straight" should see top speed as there's only really kinks in it. Military road was lovely to ride with great views.

Trouble with the TT is it's a hell of a lot of WOT, a lot of bumps and not the best surface, it's harder than anywhere else on machines, probably why the superstocks are pretty much the same speed. I followed the course on a normal day during the Manx on a '71 Bonneville, it's eye opening when you think they're doing 180 down bray hill, when it's a 30 limit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much, yeah. I "obviously" followed speed limits but, from what I remember it's as tight, if not tighter in parts as the IoM village/town bits and the "straight" should see top speed as there's only really kinks in it. Military road was lovely to ride with great views.

Trouble with the TT is it's a hell of a lot of WOT, a lot of bumps and not the best surface, it's harder than anywhere else on machines, probably why the superstocks are pretty much the same speed. I followed the course on a normal day during the Manx on a '71 Bonneville, it's eye opening when you think they're doing 180 down bray hill, when it's a 30 limit.
Last time I was there I stayed where my rider Wade always stays.............are you ready for this and mind you the very first morning I was there I took my cup of coffee and walked out to the hedge (our motorbikes had not been off loaded from the freighters) on the side of the street unaware of the course location. Ros the lady we were staying owns a house that is right at Ago's Leap I mean right at the bump on Bray's. Mostly it took the next 24 for my smile to go away,

The straights on the Isle of Wight were long and yes winding but WFO for sure. Saw it on a fairly good video

Registered
Great racing by that mini but hardley a MotoGP race. Why TF do we have two threads on the same subject?

Lots of lost front ends this weekend which ought to be something high on the list to change.

That Suzuki seems to turn in and hold a tight line really well compared to some of the other makes.

Registered
[QUOTE="Teazer, post: 645692, member:
Lots of lost front ends this weekend which ought to be something high on the list to change.
[/QUOTE]
And so often seems to be when they come off the brakes mid corner...
They are all just on the edge of grip.

Registered
Exactly. They run out of edge grip apparently at the transition from trailing brake to opening the tap - just as the load on the front drops off, so does the rider.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts