Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what this is? It must not be a Cafe Racer because it has fenders, rear set pegs and controls, alloy rims, mufflers, a long fuel tank, a fairing and even a license plate. But it does not have the required fat tires, no big open triangle, no LED lighting, no exhaust wrap, no seat hoop, no USD forks, you can't even see a bone line but I can see the tail light right from here! Isn't that hideous!

Do you think something like that could be made into a sweet cafe racer project ? or would you need to trash most of the parts first? Enquiring minds need to know.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
It is a good starting point. Yes it needs some fenders. I’d pull the dated farings and get a little more pop culture vibe going.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think R1 forks or GSXR forks would fit it better, I think I can get either set from midnight auto supply cheap

·
Administrator
281 Posts
No, it is likely me who sucks. I have been trying to post the pic but it keeps telling me to contact the administrator….ya, hello….that’s me.

Hang in there. Just a heads up, it is nasty.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's another bike I would like to turn into a cafe racer, I can tell it's a BSA from the logo on the tank (y)

Can you lower the fork yokes on those to make it really low to the ground or do you need to cut the springs?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Bro. What tool writes his own name on the side of his bike... this Rickman dude seems full of himself.

Bike has a terrible bone line anyways. 3/10

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bro. What tool writes his own name on the side of his bike... this Rickman dude seems full of himself.

Bike has a terrible bone line anyways. 3/10
That BSA, me mom covered one of my old skate board decks with tuck and roll brown vinyl faux leather and a good half inch of foam. Do you think if I tore that old looking stock seat off and put that on there it might improve the bone line?
Naturally I would tear off all the rear fender stuff.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always wanted to tear into some old bike like that with an angle grinder just for the experience of making it my own.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That orange cb750 four is pretty good looking, however all it's really missing to be a true cafe racer is a smug hipster with a vape pen in one hand, an IPA in the other, and a false sense of accomplishment

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That BSA, me mom covered one of my old skate board decks with tuck and roll brown vinyl faux leather and a good half inch of foam. Do you think if I tore that old looking stock seat off and put that on there it might improve the bone line?
Naturally I would tear off all the rear fender stuff.
You probably want to get rid of that ugly muffler and wrap the exhaust too.
Obviously going monoshock with an R8 front end would really improve the look. An open triangle would be badass. Maybe put all the electronics in the fuel tank?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
this guy (augshire)for president.
If some 20-30 year old were able to accumulate the parts to put together a CR750 then they can be as smug as they damn well please lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you think I could fit a lithium battery in the headlight and make it run on the original charging system? Or would that set the bike on fire and burn down me moms garage

1 - 20 of 44 Posts