Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You should be able to set up 25 D Cell batteries in series underneath the fuel tank to keep that clean look

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Mmmm that Z900

Reactions: woodsman

·
2,007 Posts
The last one you can even race in Motoamerica...
just identify yourself as a female, you know how things go these days...

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm not cool enough to ride a cafe.
I always have to correct people when they describe my bike as a cafe. It's does not serve coffee or tea, it's a vintage street racer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does anybody know what this is? It must not be a Cafe Racer because it has fenders, rear set pegs and controls, alloy rims, mufflers, a long fuel tank, a fairing and even a license plate. But it does not have the required fat tires, no big open triangle, no LED lighting, no exhaust wrap, no seat hoop, no USD forks, you can't even see a bone line but I can see the tail light right from here! Isn't that hideous!

Do you think something like that could be made into a sweet cafe racer project ? or would you need to trash most of the parts first? Enquiring minds need to know.

irony? thats a Rickman,

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
227 Posts
It is a good starting point. Yes it needs some fenders. I’d pull the dated farings and get a little more pop culture vibe going.

[/QUOTEyou bwould rattle can Mona Lisa
That BSA, me mom covered one of my old skate board decks with tuck and roll brown vinyl faux leather and a good half inch of foam. Do you think if I tore that old looking stock seat off and put that on there it might improve the bone line?
Naturally I would tear off all the rear fender stuff.
and then shit on it I assume. I say sell it to somebody who knows what it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anybody know what this is? It must not be a Cafe Racer because it has fenders, rear set pegs and controls, alloy rims, mufflers, a long fuel tank, a fairing and even a license plate. But it does not have the required fat tires, no big open triangle, no LED lighting, no exhaust wrap, no seat hoop, no USD forks, you can't even see a bone line but I can see the tail light right from here! Isn't that hideous!

Do you think something like that could be made into a sweet cafe racer project ? or would you need to trash most of the parts first? Enquiring minds need to know.

This is a Rickman chassis for a Honda 750. It was an after market kit, but I believe there were factory assembled bikes as well. A friend of mine had one back in the 70's. They are great handling bikes and are worth a fair bit of change today.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This is a Rickman chassis for a Honda 750. It was an after market kit, but I believe there were factory assembled bikes as well. A friend of mine had one back in the 70's. They are great handling bikes and are worth a fair bit of change today.
Woosh

Its a joke. Most everyone here understands the significance of that bike

Its been a dream bike of mine for a long time

·
Administrator
207 Posts
Woosh

Its a joke. Most everyone here understands the significance of that bike

Its been a dream bike of mine for a long time
Yeah, Rickman and Seeley, Bimota and then there is also Egli...all making awesome frames for 70's motors but with frames that actually handled.

I visited Fritz Egli up in the Alps in 1979. We had an interesting conversation. Here's a couple of pics - Egli Kawa 900 and the outside of his shop back then.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Thats super cool.

That was some really revolutionary thinking back then.
Have we reached the limit in regards to performance in modern sport bike frame design?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts