Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what this might be?

Looks kinda like a chopped up bike you'd find here lol.

The movie was decent/funny in a fk'd up sort of way.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Kinda looks like an XS650, but in typical fashion the movie was shot in almost total darkness so who gives a $***

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Jugs look too big, plus the CB360 has the starter motor hanging out in front of the engine and the XS650 has it stuffed in behind the transmission. Also note the shape of the engine case right above the counter-shaft sprocket.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steel tank on a enduro/dual sport bike? 1980's...
Time to google some pics. This is fun so I don't even have the urge to cheat...

Can you post another pic of the bike so I don't accidently look up the name if I google it...

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
sounds like a 2 stroke?
? It shouldn't ! They used the real sound track.
I'll give you a hint; they sent the bike into a huge wheelie loop-out crash and then just picked it back up and started riding it again without any significant damage.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The engine/radiator/exhaust set up looks very much like a modern montesa!
Now to search what year for a steel tank... am i close?

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Yep Montesa 4RT, earlier model version of the Repsol you posted, most of the parts would be unchanged and interchangeable with it. I have an 2008 250, 2014 260 and a 2018 300rr.
The Bond seat was just jammed down on the stock rear fender and some black panels added to hide the big open triangle lol. tank will be just a top half shell of scrap metal because the bike has a beautiful 2 litre alloy fuel tank with a fuel pump in it, you can't just go changing that out with a piece of crap steel tank.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny, the bond bike actually looks pretty decent and how much of a hoot would that be to ride?!
way more cafe racer in concept than some of the things we try to do I would guess...

Although I am running into serious issues trying to convert my supermoto aprilia sxv into a trackbike, I wonder how cool a 300rr in road race trim would work?

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Funny, the bond bike actually looks pretty decent and how much of a hoot would that be to ride?!
way more cafe racer in concept than some of the things we try to do I would guess...

Although I am running into serious issues trying to convert my supermoto aprilia sxv into a trackbike, I wonder how cool a 300rr in road race trim would work?
The motor would be great, the geometry all wrong for high speed stability but the brake frame and suspension components are all world class uber lightweight performance parts.
... and yes they are a hoot to ride in any configuration, even the street-isa 4-ride weighs in well under 200 pounds
They have fuel injection, but no batteries are required.
Zero! Nada! :LOL: you can't get much lighter then no battery at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts