Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my way to Summit so Tex I'll bring your number plates and Scott I will mail yours monday morning.

Also Greg N. on the cover of vintage views.

Aaron

Edited by - aaron on Apr 18 2005 7:31:26 PM

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i thought i forgot something. aaron, i'll get 'em at the vintage celebration. good riding today!

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
chris turned a 125 on the rs aaron, i think you got some more work to do! tex, i have your extension cord. that aweful smell we kept smelling this morning, the garbage an still burning. oh yeah, the fire mike ewer had going also reignited. its no wonder tracks hate the bike guys.

my bike sucks, but i can still ride it faster than i was.

me

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
that was one bad smell. joe, thanks for getting my cord. i thought about it five miles from the track annd didn't feel like turning around. yep, i gotta get my rs out again. seeing aaron and chris having all the fun on sunday was pretty aggrevating, or was it the hangover that was aggrevating.

tex

p.s.- i'm finally sober.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a blast. I definately suck at riding the RS, but had a blast.

Aaron
Tex - Do you have another Gatorade?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm drinking Gatorade at this very moment.

Aaron...how can you suck at riding an RS? How can anyone suck at riding such a great little bike...I think you should just give yours to me so I can treat it right.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
655 Posts
Aaron called to confess that he sucked on the RS. i think it's a setup, so when i go "i'll help you with your lines a little" he'll probly stuff me into 1 dragging his elbow and then flip me off. and johnnyB, hurry up and buy one you pansie, i'm sick of yer bitchin'. you wouldn't happen to have a 2k4-or-newer 600 that's race prepped would you? cuz i'll trade you my RS for one of them.

Z

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nope, this is the last one, arrrrgh!

funny stuff.

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
no zach, he really did suck. although trying to race with your choke on wont help anyone. someone also needs to show him how to work on the thing. second race out though....and he will get faster.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Zack.....don't tell me you are going to race a modern 600!!

Those classes are full of some real goofs....some good racers up front no doubt...but crowd of idiots you are going to have to ride around is scary.

My guess is you'd be top five out of a grid of 40 first race...but dude..you gotta decide is racing is going to be your career before you start throwing around bikes like that.

But...no I don't have one. And the RS keeps getting moved back...unless Mary is going to get me one for my birthday...which she probably won't cause she's scared...she knows I'll go like hell and crash. Mary just came up from the shop after pulling the cylinder head on her 70cc bike...she can work on bikes too.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have to race a 600 man, sorry. all the two stroke guys call them diesels, and all the vintage guys are anti-modern sportbike, but i have to do it if i want to be noticed. i'm just too big for the 125, 250s are done, and the SV doesn't have a legit series to go to if you're good. plus, 600s these days are more like 250gp bikes than ever. my friend from the track seems to think i'd be able to do it. just gotta learn a bit of throttle control, and learn the about the feedback. i think i could do it, and since i've made it to expert i think i could keep away from the shit-for-brains novices and amateurs. now for a sponsor...bigmoneybigmoney big monaaayyyyyyy...

Z

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah real goofs, like 125 gp isnt getting full of them too. i read the cycle world article on the r6, which is probably my favorite jap 600,and they said its really nimble. better than anything else. and ricky gadsen got one into the 9's. with just a suspension drop. so theyre pretty quick. but i think zachs right. i mean, 125 is a starter class. if you want to try and go anywhere, you gotta get into middle weight sportbike.

whcih one do you want to ride, you know, if yuou had youre choice. the kwacker is real nice, and hondas are always hondas. and the gixxer, well, geeze, can you get any sportier than that. but i loe the yamaha. nothing like blue. and the new black r1 is sweet.

jc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts