Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a new film called 'Central Intelligence' that has some motorcycle scenes in it :D looks like a Gas Gas to me:

Apparently 'The Rock' gets attacked by a guy wielding a trials motorcycle, should be pretty cool if they can pull it off.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
From what I have seen most movies present motorcycle stuff totally unrealistic, or they do stunts where it would only work if every element of the set up was perfect and nothing was missing. Not that I do not enjoy a good motorcycle scene, I just know that most of it is out side the realm of possibility outside of a controlled environment. Like the Scene in Thunderball when Luciana Paluzzi launches a missile at James Bonds DB5 from a BSA. Or lets not forget the Ice man himself Vanilla Ice jumping a fence on a GSX-R in Cool as Ice lol

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
No no no, THIS is bad ass...lol

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'd have kicked in the nads;)
Really a douchebag move. I mean he made her fall off the horse. So smooth, I cant imagine why she did not immediately strip naked and beg him to do her right there in the dirt and manure lol.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
7 replies and nobody has mentioned the modern motorcycle classic "Torque"? Come on guys, get it together.

Funny thing about that movie that instantly makes it better: the Director Joseph Kahn intended the movie to be a parody of Fast and the Furious franchise but with bikes. The investors caught wind of it and had the movie re-cut to be more serious but it is almost impossible to hide all the really stupid things that were meant to be funny with the new "serious" tone. Some of the best laugh worthy moments are things like every car is powered by a giant key when the camera is shooting from the ignition switch and the girl on girl bike battle at the end where they at one point end up in front of two soda vending machines (mountain Dew and Pepsi) for perfect product placement. The F&F style let's follow the nitrous through the engine shot that ends up showing the rider's nuts clench and exists through his pony tail is amazingly hilarious. The double 180 wheelie let's smack into each other and use our bikes like baseball bats is also LOL worthy. seriously, get some buddies to come over, get drunk and watch the movie - it's fantastic.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
BIKER BOYZ. Just Google "Biker Movies" and go waste a couple of weekends, or weekdays, as we should be out riding on the weekends.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Internet movie CAR database IMCDb.org: Cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles seen in movies and TV series - It's not always complete, certainly not with bikes - Ah, but you can HELP with that! It's always cool to cross-reference your favourite models and see what films they were in. There's also an internet movie PLANE database and an internet movie GUN database - One of these days there will be an internet movie PURSE database or SHOE database, no doubt chockablock full of basketball game clips!

Dan Clowes once predicted that "IN THE FUTURE" there would be enthusiast's groups devoted to all sorts of odd pursuits, even a group dedicated to building statues of Abraham Lincoln out of one's own ear-wax. I've often thought about setting up just such a club, in his honour....

-S.

·
Registered
54 Posts
And if you're looking for a classic bike film? "Roadside Prophets" - A parody of the hipster road film, yet still pretty deep at the same time. For some truly awful CHEESE I'd suggest "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" What more could one want, than Don Johnson and Ricky Mourke - all rolled into one film?

I liked the bits in the '80s French film "DIVA" with the little Morbidelli or whatever it was, hotted up 50cc Moped, scooting around on the subway. Extra points go to whomever figures out what type of side-car was used on the "Two Fat Ladies" cooking show from BBC.

-S.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
For some odd reason i suddenly got the urge to watch Gleaming the Cube. Nothing to do with motorcycles, just an odd moment of nostalgia for the 80's I guess lol

Reactions: Geeto67

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Not even world's fastest indian?
Now that is just a good all around movie. And the fact that it is based on the actual Burt Monroe? Awesome

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How about - On any Sunday and I thought Road was worth the watch. I know both documentaries but that's what made'm even better to me. Thought closer to the edge(hedge) was decent as well.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Wait a minute, did SBS just make 2 posts that were only 2 short paragraphs each? Somebody else must be using his name or he's off the meds.;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts