Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else give this one a read this month? its the first issue and bite on it. lots of motox and a good selection of advertisers for old bikes. Big article on the CB750 and mach iii obviously.

anyhow, i'm going to look out for the next issue and thought i'd share incase some of you haven't seen it on news stands yet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
from what i have read at various sources, MCist Retro, was a (possibly) one time test to see if there was a market for an american made magazine focusing on vintage motos. there was alot of hype on the save ahrma board for the release. i read a copy in an airport and caught 3-4 europeans looking over my shoulder to check out the great glossy photos. i hope that they decide to make a follow up issue.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
hmmm.....I guess there is a market since motorcycle classics is already a viable bi monthly mag and has been for several years.

I bought an issue months ago when it came out. Great photos...same writing as motorcyclist which to me is kinda suck...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Actually the CB750/Mach 3 issue was the premier issue that hit the newsstands in May. They are supposed to have issue two out this month (September) and then one more issue around Christmas. I liked the first issue but I feel like Motorcycle Classics does a better job over-all. Plus you've got Classic Bike and Motorcycle & Classic Mechanics out of the UK which are both excellent mags.....

Jim

·
Registered
108 Posts
According to an ad in Motorcylist they will be taking subscription in the near future...so I guess it's a go. I read the first issue and enjoyed it....looked for issue 2 at lunch today and couldn't find it. I guess it's not out yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The newest issue of motorcyclist has one of the intro editorials by Brain Catterson, where he mentions the proliferation of cafe bikes in his area.

"These weren't old guys, either--they were teens and 20-somethings who've realized that two-wheelers can be fun-yet-frugal transportation. Fashionable too: Unearth a relic from a neighbor's garage, give it a good once over, bolt on some clip-ons and rearsets and all of a sudden your old pile looks like a refugee from the Ace Cafe. Mad style points for period helmets and goggles, even if they afford hardly more protection that the fiberglass yarmulkes bikers wear."

Not sure what to make of that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I emailed the guys at that magazine just tonight after i got home from the bookstore..i didnt even know about the magazine,i offered them my KZ1000 LTD to test..lol..Mitch Boehm emailed me back in like,5 seconds..pretty funny.Super nice guy.

And no,they arent going to test my bike..lol..but im going to be out there in a month with the bike working at the Nuclear plant in San Onofre,they surf right next to it at a place called the Trestles..

dunno why im tellin ya'll this..just sorta caught my eye as i was looking at Forum topics

·
Registered
50 Posts
btw,i like the magazine...i had one of those H Bombs..(H-1's)..three actually.Ill handling but fun to ride,man did i get into trouble on those things..*L*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts