51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List your favorite Motorcycle flicks.

(not in order)

1) Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

2) The Wild One

3) Easy Rider

4) Hell's Angels 69

Are there any good flicks that have some nice cafe bikes?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Really, we are going that way now? None are my favorites but considering that staggering salute to all that is literally terrible in this hobby we have to school you somehow.

Go watch "on any Sunday". When it is over watch I again. Marvel at Cal Rayborn's unrestricted talent in making old pig iron a world beater.

Follow it up with "V-four Victory", Hondas attempt to revolutionize racing with the then new interceptor engine.

Ok, how about "the leatherboys" - nortons and homo latent homo eroticism, read the book first if you want. If all you are looking for is "culture" then you need a wake up call regarding the real scene. The rockers hung out at "transit cafes" which in the states we call truck stops. And yes what goes on in American truck stop men's rooms went on in English transit stops in the 1950's.

If you haven't seen quadrophenia go see it, for no other reason than a young "mod" sting working as a bellhop and riding a Vespa with a thousand mirrors.

Thunderball has a cracking BSA that shoots rockets. Plus, Sean Connery as James Bond.

More to come.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Roadside Prophets starring the King Ad-Rock. Memorable line asked by a one-eyed John Cusak "Does this establishment serve sharp cheddar cheese?"

·
Registered
830 Posts
OAS - Naturally
Take it to the Limit - The onlt approved footage of Kenny's Indy Mile Win
Faster - "De furst time I ride de five-hundred...faaaaaaack"
World's fastest Indian - not as good as the book, but entertaining nontheless
Long Way Around - how rich people have fun

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just watched any give sunday a few weeks ago. Awesome!
And, for some reason, I'd never come across Faster until the other night. Watched on Netflix. Rossi is hilarious! I loved the old lady in his home town bad-mouting Lorenzo. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geeto, stop being a dick for once. I just wanted to see a) what movies were out there that I hadn't seen and b) what people here liked. What the hell does that have to do with the "culture" (what ever that means)? I just like bikes and shit that has to do with bikes, including fiction. I don't know if you get a bunch of retards who think that "bringing back the classics" (or what ever) means also acting like a retard and "racing" from cafe to cafe or whatever, but I just enjoy riding bikes. I like Harleys, sport bikes, dirt bikes, old bikes and new bikes. They're all fun. So what does starting a thread about movies have to do with any of your "culture" crap?

I'm not saying you don't know a lot about bikes, but just about everything that you type is about how big of a dick you can be first, and then smater that with a tid bit of something useful in as an after thought. You couldn't have said something to the effect of "hey check out this flic, it's fun..." Instead you talk about guys fucking in the bathroom at a truck stop... Really? Come on...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts