Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten bored with my Street tracker, I'm thinking of either selling it for money towards a new progect, or turning it into a cafe. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Nice lookin' tracker. Have you raced it? Here's mine, it's an XL600 that I've raced short track and 1/2 miles as well as supermoto and a little bit of ice riding as you see it here.

Anyway, I'm going to "convert" it into a cafe/road racer at some point since it's not particularly competitive anymore. I did have it registered and legal for awhile...

FR

·
Registered
55 Posts
Keep it as-is and start a new project. I'm not a big fan of street trackers, but that is a good looking bike! There are always really cheap project bikes on craigslist and when you cafe a bike, you are mostly pulling crap off of it, so you can save while you are getting the base whipped into shape. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Irishman

Yeah maybe I will leave it alone. I kinda been thinking about a thumper, maybe a SR500 or a XT.
Both great choices. The SR frame is a little more stout than the XT frame, which translates to a little bit heavier. The SR engine has a 1mm bigger intake valve, so it's the preferred engine for performance mods, also has electronic ignition and a better charging system.
Lots of nice examples out there but you still don't see many on the road. And they're getting scarce so I suspect the values will start to go up...

FR

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keep the '75 in restorable condition and cafe the asshammer.

Best,

Michael

·
Registered
699 Posts
keep that tracker!! i am a flattrack racer and i love that bike, looks real nice. keep that thing and build another one. that way you'll have no regrets later on!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kinda been diggin this KZ900 I keep passing by, I gotta stop and see if I can steal it from the guy for a song and dance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Irishman

I kinda been diggin this KZ900 I keep passing by, I gotta stop and see if I can steal it from the guy for a song and dance.
Not if he knows what he's got or you will be sining the blues instead!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts