Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been lurking and building my cb350 for a long while now. I finally got it to the point where I can start the bike but... it doesn't start.

Let's see.... I had to take apart the entire engine after dropping the small rubber piece, to the cam chain tensioner, into the jug while putting bigger pistons in, but now it's all back together. I like to say now that regret doing all this work on a bike that only has 3500 miles.

The problem now is that when I kick it over I get nothing. The only response I got was the LOUD (holy hell it was loud) bang and fire out of the right exhaust, and sometimes the carb (vm32's), when I twisted the throttle a little while kicking it over. It has no air filter and mufflers, which were rusted.

I can see spark on both plugs and I recently adjusted the points and timing (probably not too accurate since i used a .0015 inch gap adjuster to see when they open).

Please give me advice and not too harsh of criticisms, I'm fragile :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
180 out on the timing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I feared.

Does this mean I have to take the engine out again? Oh my god that would suck..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, also I did a compression test when it was cold and it came to about 170 psi on each cylinder. Is this too high for a cold compression test?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts