Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: The bike did not sell. The eBay buyer contacted me and said he cannot pay for it, so the sale fell through. This sort of thing happens all the time out on the Internets....

Now it is for sale locally for $3k, obo. bla bla bla Call me of you want it :512.828.77"four"6 But I probably will not sell it now.

I shot some fun videos of the bike and tossed them up on youtube. Click and enjoy!

Burn out.
This is an old one.

Drive away
. I just sort of narrate for a second and then drive away. Bla bla bla. My van is in the background, so this video is especially cool!

Detailed Walk-around
. This is a fairly long winded walk around the bike, pointing out some details.

Wind up
. I wind the bike up and rip through all 6 gears. Woo Hoo!

Peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
what an ass pirate! i hate dead beat bidders. did he at least pay you for your listing fee?

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Deadbeats suck. I once sold a bunch of Yamaha R6 parts on ebay, and one out of every five auction winners was a deadbeat! None of them offered to pay my listing fees.

Hey Fang, when you are trying to sell the bike, maybe it would be better if you didn't have videos and photos of you redlining it and doing burnouts and wheelies. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Hey Fang, when you are trying to sell the bike, maybe it would be better if you didn't have videos and photos of you redlining it and doing burnouts and wheelies. Just a suggestion.
That's what my wife says.
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Fang,
Man that sucks, but I had that feeling. Looked at your buyer's feedback, bet he didn't think he'd win with that bid. I bid on it a bit trying to run it up for you.

I think your listing and videos kicked ass. It's just the time of the year. I read somewhere that there's a 40 percent price difference between this time of year and peak even on classic bikes. That doesn't seem right because I would think anyone in the market for an old bike would be all year, but I've seen some stuff sell dirt cheap in the last couple weeks. If you re-list it exactly the same way in April, May, June I think you'd get the money.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Too bad. But I'm glad, at the same time. Seems like there's too much of yourself tied up in that bike to see it go to somebody else. The smashed up pipe on the right side is just too cool.
I (kinda) hope it doesn't sell locally, even tho you need the cash. as hard as it's gotten here, The Lovely Sue has never suggested we sell any bikes to make ends meet - one of the many reasons she's a keeper. When my brother sold his gb500, I advised against it, told him he'd never get another bike. Ten yrs later & he hasn't.
By the way, I've spent some time in Austin, alas without a bike. Very cool town with a good motorcycle scene if I remember correctly.

... And I also dug the videos.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
File a Final Value credit form and you will get the $ back that Ebay takes at the end of the auction.
Deadbeaters suck. Out of he last 5 bikes I sold, 4 of them had to be listed twice because of nonpaying high bidders. Listing a bike twice to sell it once because of deadbeats really SUCKS!
DG

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Like the clips. Your neighbors must love you as much as mine do. Nothing like running up and down the street testing your bikes. I am known by the folks down at the other end of the street (its a long street). As the house with the bikes. :)

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
326 Posts
Work odd jobs as a Handyman/landscaper/snow removal etc. in your spare time(I know there may not be much).
I had to for a while when I was off/out of work and contractors are always looking for help or what ever,but try to keep the bike if you can.
Things will eventually get better,but sometimes you can't wait for things to change YOU have to make them.

Do you have a two person income? In this day and age it's almost a necessity not just a convenience anymore. It was tough when my wife was home with the kids,but when school started for the last one and she could
take on part time jobs it was easier on ALL of us.

Edited by - coolatula on Dec 24 2007 11:12:13 AM

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Fang,
Sorry brother, that really sucks. Have you tried listing it on the various forums and mailing lists? I would think places like:
www.usa2strokers.com
and
http://www.northamericantwostrokes.com/
would be a good start. Try the VJMC site/ mailing list. Hell, even the WERA bbs, Ton-Up forum and AHRMA webmarts might be worth it. How about the ADVRIDER flea market? I can post it there if you like.

As for the videos, I think it's great that you can SEE the bike run as it should be, none of that 'just needs the carbs cleaned' BS.

Really, I hope things turn around and you don't have to sell.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I totally don't understand a bidder bidding a price he's not willing to pay....jeez what's the freakin point? They bid high to ensure they win but don't expect it to go that high?
I think the penalties for deadbeats should be way way higher...I mean they do warn you it's a binding legal contract. (although that seems more than a bit iffy).

I hope you crapped on his feedback and contacted ebay about potential retalitory feedback. I think two deadbeat bids and you should get banned from ebay.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Like the clips. Your neighbors must love you as much as mine do. Nothing like running up and down the street testing your bikes. I am known by the folks down at the other end of the street (its a long street). As the house with the bikes. :)
LOL! yeah... we have a few hot rod and Hardley guys in the neighborhood, and we all have an unspoken mutual agreement to take it easy out where our kids are playing in the streets. I just tore off a little that one time for the camera.

As far as the non-payer goes,
1st of all I have already recovered my end of auction completion fees.
2nd If I relist within 90 days my insertion fees are refunded. And
3rd, I am totally cool with all of this. I am a religious guy, and I really believe that everything that happens ultimately is a reflection of the goodness of God, even that is not immediately clear. When I put the bike on evilBay I was prepared for it to either sell or not sell. That's just the way it happens, and after I had done everything I could do, there was nothing I could do about it. People who stress about stuff they can't control end up unhappy all the time, and that just sucks. So I'm just riding it out and enjoying my bike. If it is supposed to sell that will happen at the right time. Appearently this last Sunday afternoon was not the right time.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and kudos about the bike.

Peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350

Edited by - fang on Dec 25 2007 6:35:38 PM

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
wow! i was gonna say all kinds of ridiculous and disgusting things about the deadbeat ebayer........i always have lots to say.

but then i read your post, and realized that it is christmas morning.

best of luck to you and yours!

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts