Cafe Racer Forum banner

My carbon fibre cafe racer er6n kit

60K views 73 replies 30 participants last post by  DrGonzo21 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new I'm chris i have just made this new carbon fibre cafe racer bike its a full bolt on kit for the er6n
witch is a great bike but ugly
now she's gone from beast to beauty and rides much better too and a real head turner
lost a lot of kg so performance is so much better a real corner caving weapon and better of the mark too top speed is up and its very comfortable too you can buy er6n cheap and the motors are great good torque and hp and easy bikes to live with it made sense to me because i can have the cafe racer looks with modern electric's and performance and their just like the cafe bikes of yester year but in modern form
its a full kit with nothing else to buy as extras a really complete kit lights ect mounts, seat, list goes on ,,, all i did was tell them what i wanted they did it ,, decals i mean the lot ,,
they even spray it for me
i was impressed with the book matched carbon too as its mirror imaged left and right side
my friend saw it on my phone then went out and built 1 too mines the 59 bike his is 79

please read and leave comments for me as i want and welcome your ideas and opinions if any body wants to ask I'm happy to reply to all of u ,,,,,:) ride safe new friends :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
we ain't your friends cupcake, we are your peers. And this is Peer review

Hi I'm new I'm chris i have just made this new carbon fibre cafe racer bike its a full bolt on kit for the er6n
witch is a great bike but ugly
What makes the Er6n a great platform for this project? Why did you select that over...say...the Ninja 650R which uses the same engine but is more sporting?

now she's gone from beast to beauty and rides much better too
Please explain how a bodywork change makes the bike ride much better.

lost a lot of kg
how much?

so performance is so much better
How much better? can you put that in lap times? or power to weight? or something with a numerical value?

a real corner caving weapon and better of the mark too top speed is up
By how much and how did you verify this? What measuring tools did you use? how did you insure your testing was not skewed by outside factors?

and its very comfortable
That is a matter of opinion, but what makes it comfortable? and to what range of rider size?

you can buy er6n cheap
How cheap? what's the initial cost and how much does it cost to build your custom?

just like the cafe bikes of yester year but in modern form
Explain to me how this is like the "cafe bikes" of yesteryear (actually explain to me what a cafe bike is because I know what a Racer is but a Cafe bike sounds like a theme chopper for a french sidewalk cafe).

its a full kit with nothing else to buy
That includes? What's the parts list?

my friend saw it on my phone then went out and built 1 too mines the 59 bike his is 79
Why is yours 59? Are you actually a member of the 59 club? do you have permission to use their logo?

- - - Updated - - -

Also is there any way to make it less ugly?

#8 ·
ohh and as for the 59 logo I'm sure that the 59 club does not have this as a registered claim to it or any other number and you know what a cafe is but knot a cafe racer well go and do your history and find out how cafe racer bikes came about then go back and read the garbage you wrote here i.e how does the body work change the riding dopppp as homer would say well its like this change the riding position you get very manny effects e.g. centre mass and so on then theirs cod factors and as for the riding position being a key part just go and do your home work on kg loss i wait your witty comments with great eagerness

#13 ·
ohh and as for the 59 logo I'm sure that the 59 club does not have this as a registered claim to it or any other number
. Clearly you don't understand the difference between numbers and a registered logo. Sure nobody has a claim to just numbers, but they do have a claim to a font, effects, composition, layout, color, etc....And that is exactly what you have copied and painted on your bike. By the way, claims don't just protect against exact copies, but also ones that are substantially similar where the intention was use the the good will of the mark for your own commercial means. I don't expect you to understand this any more than I expect you to understand the value of backing up your claims or the actual value of numbers as a means of measurement, but it needed to be said none the less.

and you know what a cafe is but knot a cafe racer well go and do your history and find out how cafe racer bikes came about then go back and read the garbage you wrote here i.e how does the body work change the riding dopppp as homer would say well its like this change the riding position you get very manny effects e.g. centre mass and so on then theirs cod factors and as for the riding position being a key part just go and do your home work on kg loss i wait your witty comments with great eagerness
Clearly the concept of mocking humor escapes you as well. You so readily throw slang and terms around that you don't quite understand the meaning of, and you get defensive when someone asks you to quantify your statements. That is not a good strategy, it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. I mean you don't but there are better ways to handle a lack of information on your part than looking like a jackass.

I am not selling something, and more importantly I didn't make any bold claims. You did. I even offered to help you substantiate them when you told me to "do the math" like a true asshole that doesn't know what he is talking about. At this point, it is probably better if you just left the same way you came in.

#10 ·
Run on sentences much?
The bike looks ok to me, and probably is a little quicker if you shed that much weight. But it certainly isn't a "build" as much as it is turd polish. No offense to the bike, but I doubt much has improved here other than looks and acceleration, and the looks part is up for debate, haha. Don't get scared away, just understand that the guys here are more interested in improving vintage bikes a rather than playing dress up with modern bikes that weren't impressive stock.
That said, I do like your bodywork better than what came stock on it. Now go improve the bike. ;)

#15 ·
Haven't we seen and discussed that kit here before? The numbers come with the kit although I thought only 59 and 62 were available (same number upside down) or 79 which is the 62 upside down and notified slightly. Anyways, I see nothing but a bolt on kit and no real fabrication or anything done to it. it amazes me that no one new here reads any posts or threads before posting what clearly is not acceptable here and then get snotty when the general consensus is negative. I'm not buying the 100lb weight loss either. I really had to chuckle at his comments of how we don't know what a Cafe Racer is or the history. I bet he wasn't around during that period like many of us were.

#16 ·
1. Sometimes to much exposed carbon fiber looks like to much carbon fiber. That was a fad long ago when carbon fiber was a new mystery material.
2. Hard to image both of you making similar mistakes.
3. What wheel chair did you get those seat cushions from ?
4. What the fuck is an ER6N ? Sounds like a part number for a spark plug.

#17 ·
Wow - someone's finally made a proper bolt on cafe racer kit.

I kinda like it - except for the seat pad.

And you say it's lost 39kgs? That's almost a 30% weight drop. Even if you do nothing to the engine it's going to be pretty zippy.

Forum ettiquette aside....nice job!

#25 ·
I like the idea of a kit for a specific bike. That has to be a small market and I'd guess that it needs to be marketed to wherever people with those bikes hang out and I have no idea where that might be, but I can think of ways to get to that market.

Please spell complete words though. This isn't the twittersphere. We generally appreciate a well thought out and well written thread - even though they are rare - maybe that should read - Because they are rare :)

As you have deduced this in not an "I'm OK you're OK" sort of place. It just isn't. You will work it out.

#26 ·
hey smart ass where u get 174 kg dry kg from its more and do u know what a super twin is how manny kg wet.... the rear sub frame i cut off was 4.9kg on its own

- - - Updated - - -

hey smart ass where u get 174 kg dry kg from its more and do u know what a super twin is how manny kg wet.... the rear sub frame i cut off was 4.9kg on its own

- - - Updated - - -

#28 · (Edited)
I'm guessing English isn't your first language so we can forgive you for the grammatical errors, but you really shouldn't be calling people names when you're the new guy.

By the way - what does the bike weigh now? That's probably a better way to assess what you've achieved with the weight loss.

Oh - and are you building / selling this kit or did you buy it off someone else? What's the price and turnaround / shipping time if you are selling them?

#32 ·
Try dotheton.com might be more people there that will "get it"
you came in here to spam the board with your latest creation. Bad manners, but fine.
then when asked for qualitative results of all your dress up and you cry like like a kid.
this should be very simple. What something spec'ed out as before vs what it is now.
zero people here are interested in stories of everyone hugging at the ace cafe, or your perverted idea of what this forum should be.

i actually think it is great to have options to improve mildly boring late model bikes. But playing dress up to simulate some BS style ain't cutting it.

#51 ·
And what the hell do you know about CF bodywork. I don't think you should be allowed to have an opinion until you start calling people on here dirty names, pitch a fit and hold your breath until you turn blue.

Your pal,
Ken

#41 ·
Not a cafe racer, but it MIGHT go pretty fast in a straight line. That can be fun, too, but it goes on a different forum.

I've got 30 or so total restorations of classic Brit and Jap bikes; cool stuff, interesting engine builds, but they don't go on this forum. Neither do my 3 ZRX salvage builds, or my basket case resurrections, or a couple of really nice chopper builds.

Plenty of forums have an "other bikes" section, that wouldn't be a BAD idea, but also might invite some REALLY serious slagging...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.