Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of putting a 350twin drum on the front when i redo my little bike any thoughts?

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
i am thinking of putting a 350twin drum on the front when i redo my little bike any thoughts?
You're crazy.
Seriously, why not find an older GSXR750 front end for it? I have a Suzuki Bandit400 in my shed that I've been thinking of tearing into. The take the front/rear and put them on my CB450. I think it'd look wicked pissah. I know "old school" is cool and all that, but I thought cafe-racers we're about functionality? Wouldn't this kick ass on the front end?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=35592&item=4508699002&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Shop around for a early 90's sportbike front end. I'm sure you can find something that comes complete with wheel/brake/triple/forks for cheap if you look.

I just picked up a RZ350 that has a ZX-9 front end and a GSXR750 rear swingarm/wheel. The engine needs to be rebuilt, but that's cake. Can you say two finger stoppies?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those forks would be nice on my triton project....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Rob,
Did you get that from a guy name Brian?

Chikor,
Your engine plates are on the way.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
those forks would be nice on my triton project....
If you can find a 92-93 Suzuki Bandit 400 (gsf400?) front end, it has a good sized 17" wheel (120 width) and 38mm forks. And a meaty single disk brake that should be good for an older bike.

I'm sure there's plenty of other bikes out there that would make excellent donors. If its a street ride, why not get it to actually stop when some cellphonewhore left-turns you?

Edited by - UngaWunga on Nov 30 2004 9:53:01 PM

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beauty mate...
on second thought if i use the boranni rims off the cb and put them on the triton i could, i hate to say it "mod-ernize" the old cb, but i would have to sell it then....

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
Rob,
Did you get that from a guy name Brian?
Yup, Brian Murphy. Good guy. Races LRRS.

Funny story: He used to race EX500s against one of my old teammates who wasn't on the light side. So Brian taped a Snickers bar on the back of his bike to taunt him when he passed him....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Brians pretty fast too. I ran in to him at party with another Irish guy. Sonja thought they were speaking another language cause she couldn't understand them.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
Brians pretty fast too. I ran in to him at party with another Irish guy. Sonja thought they were speaking another language cause she couldn't understand them.
Lol.... I took the wife to Myrtle Beach many moons ago... I had to translate in the restaurants.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
aaron, was that irish kid named jimmy?? and im serious. there was a jimmy from southie who i knew from the track who ran ex's with lrrs. he ran the vintage endurance race one year i think. mike o knows him now too. seemed real off the boat. i knew plenty of lads and had a hard time understanding him. good guy though.

jc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts