Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the spring project. 1972 CB500K1 I picked up running for $500. It has 29k miles and is complete with 4:1 exhaust and individual air cleaners. Cafe treatment to consist of drag bars, solo seat, Metzeler ME880's, some black out treatment and the normal resto stuff, brakes, cables etc.

Drag bars partially installed:

Drag bars installed and some electrical work complete:

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's a good looking bike to start out with,so it should be an easy project. Very smooth running machines if they are dialed in correctly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
that tank color is rad. great base for a cafe bike.keep the pics comming

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daylight pic of the bars and re-arranged tree:

I have some black head light brackets coming right now, pics this weekend, hopefully.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really dig that "Burnt Orange" paint job.
Hook 'Em Horns!

Seriously though, you have a great start on a sweet bike. Congrats!
Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice bike. Try runnin your throttle cables and clutch cable under speedo and head light for a cleaner look. check out my cb500. Thats what I did. I didn't want to undo the cable after getting them just right, so I unscrewed speedo and headlight put wires under there and screwed them back on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made some progress this weekend. Got the headlight brackets on and did some paint work. I have Metzeler ME880's coming along with a chain/sprockets set for next weekend. Rear fender will be removed here soon, and a solo seat shortly after that.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
nice cutlass. i had a frined in hs who had an s model convertable. green with white stripes. it was a nice car.

jc

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Yeah, nice car. But Jaysus! Give it a fucking wash fer chrissake.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That car is fun when it works..lol

Did some more work tonite. I removed the rear fender, repositioned the turn signals to the frame horns and fab'd up a bracket for the new tail light I got at Wal-mart for a trailer. The new set up looks pretty decent I must say. For the license plate i plan on mounting it off the muffler support arm, in a vertical fashion with an led shining down on it from under the seat. My wheels are down at the Honda shop getting trued up, having new bearings installed, and tires mounted. Hopefully I will have her back on her feet this weekend and get some more pics for you guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Front tire mounted up, fork oil changed, wiring complete. swing arm and rear will be together Friday

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's on her feet, still need to test ride. I think I'll be upgrading the ignition to Dynatek stuff then be riding her hopefully by mid month!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been awhile but shes mostly done. I have added new shocks, tail light and mounted the license plate. Still need to jet the carbs for my 4,600ft elevation but it runs ok for now, it has 100's in it, thinking about going with 95's.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What shocks did you go with? What length are they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts