Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started this bike a month or two ago and thought i'd introduce myself by showing the bike

here's the progress

Edited by - c91x on Sep 13 2007 9:05:03 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dude, thats pretty good looking so far! not a bad looking f pipe either. are you switching over to the 4-4's?? i always though that was a way nicer look than the 4-1. ive hated every 4-1 ive had although the newest kaz yashima pipe makes nice power from 1/2 redline up and has great clearance. that tank looks cool, but it doesnt seem to fit right. is it just me? is that a cb200 with high drags?

get more pics as its finished.

jc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kinda like the 4-1 but even if i didn't all the cb550 exhuast seem to go for a pretty penny. the tank didn't fit at first and was just sitting on the bike and now it's got mounts and i think it fits the bike very well and the other bike is a cl175 with 200 tank although i'm building two cb200 tanks into one 26" tank for it.

here's some newer pics i just snapped

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
what the fuck is up with that muffler? ive had a few stock 4-4's on mine. they all started the death rattle which is too bad. they have for the most part all looked great. but theyve functioned like crap. do yourself a favor and run the dyna on it. i cant wait to see how it turns out. we dont get to see many projects that are completed.

cool.

jc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh the muffler is to keep her quite for now ... i have a trumpet type muffler that'l angle up after the rearsets but this works for now and i didn't think it looked that goofy

Edited by - c91x on Sep 13 2007 11:39:06 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i wasnt saying it was goofy, just wondering what it was. ilt ooks like you sawed of a stainless can from a minibike and shoved it onto the collector for the stock super sport headers. just weird. ut i kinda like it if it works well.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
how come nobody ever goes to the trouble of sanding and painting the usg compound in the garage?

tex

p.s.- nice bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
how come nobody ever goes to the trouble of sanding and painting the usg compound in the garage?

tex

p.s.- nice bike.
it's a rental so yeah. JOEC the muffler is the old chrome shock cover with internal packing...and now that you said something about minibike muffler thats all i see on it now so hmmm

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
a rental??? you should be building that in the kitchen? i saw a guy build an 11' long harley chop in his kitchen. he couldnt get it out when he was done. so thats where it lived.

jc

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:

tex

p.s.- nice bike.
Tex - you have been hanging too much dry wall and not riding enough.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've built two bikes in my old apartment kitchen .... one is the xr75 here next to my practice bike

Edited by - c91x on Sep 15 2007 02:36:45 AM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your 550 looks great!
Haha, I'm building a pair of 550's in my 10x12 apartment bedroom. It's so convenient, if only my female company didn't find it so strange I'd be set.

Also, has anyone tried mating a 4-1 manifold into a Buell under-frame muffler? Just an idea I've been playing with....

2 1974 Honda CB550 Fours.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Indeed....where did you get that!?

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scan the orignal face and make the face the way you want it. Someone else made the scan and i asked for an email of it and then added my own stuff. Made it a EPS. file and took it to my local sign shop and they printed it up for 9 bucks since they dont' ahve to do anything but load and print. it looks really good at night to because the whole thing glows green. perdddy cool lookin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no real updates since i'm in the process of moving but i was getting the garage cleaned out and it was a perfect opertunity for a pic

1 - 20 of 44 Posts