Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i put a CB350 seat up on ebay for $1 cause it had a couple rips.....figured it was good for recover or seatpan and listed it as such. it sold for $20 and change to a guy in thailand......it cost $83 dollars to ship. i figured dude couldn't see the pics (blind) or couldn't read (as i had a shipping calculator too).....figured he would burn me on feedback.

nope, gave me very nice feedback and was pretty happy.

i guess the weak dollar rules in that regard.

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i put a CB350 seat up on ebay for $1 cause it had a couple rips.....figured it was good for recover or seatpan and listed it as such. it sold for $20 and change to a guy in thailand......it cost $83 dollars to ship. i figured dude couldn't see the pics (blind) or couldn't read (as i had a shipping calculator too).....figured he would burn me on feedback.

nope, gave me very nice feedback and was pretty happy.

i guess the weak dollar rules in that regard.

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I'm always surprised what sells for what price on ebay. Seems that it all depends on who stumbles by your auction and what they need. Find the right guy and your stuff sells for a good price. Auction something nice and no one that needs it sees it and sells for a crap price.
I usually confine my ebay sales to stuff I really just don't want or need anymore.

My best sell ever is still the Ducati Single tach drive unit I sold for $300+ that came off a bike I paid $100 for. Gotta love that.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm always surprised what sells for what price on ebay. Seems that it all depends on who stumbles by your auction and what they need. Find the right guy and your stuff sells for a good price. Auction something nice and no one that needs it sees it and sells for a crap price.
I usually confine my ebay sales to stuff I really just don't want or need anymore.

My best sell ever is still the Ducati Single tach drive unit I sold for $300+ that came off a bike I paid $100 for. Gotta love that.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
yup. strange doings. I just sold two 175 carbs for . . . . . $5.00. Goddamn shipping was 12.00. and i sold two alloy fenders for $115.00 . . . not bad . . . But then I sold my mothers pewter collection . . . went for a whopping $28.00. 35 pieces, mostly English.

JB I missed it. what did that set of carbs sell for that you sold?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
yup. strange doings. I just sold two 175 carbs for . . . . . $5.00. Goddamn shipping was 12.00. and i sold two alloy fenders for $115.00 . . . not bad . . . But then I sold my mothers pewter collection . . . went for a whopping $28.00. 35 pieces, mostly English.

JB I missed it. what did that set of carbs sell for that you sold?

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Evil,
I relisted them, they didn't sell the first time. I'll keep the freakin things before I let them go for less than $60. The four rebuild kits cost me about $120. Someone that needs them will eventually come across them.

Speaking of your 175 carbs....I've seen decent sets go for $40. All you need is two guys that need them at the same time and it's magic.

Hell, I might just put those 26mm Superhawk carbs on Mary's race bike. It's got 24's now, I think it could handle the 26's.

Hey, Pewter kills people don't you know..it's got lead in it, and the greenies tell me it's a death sentence just to touch the stuff :)
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Evil,
I relisted them, they didn't sell the first time. I'll keep the freakin things before I let them go for less than $60. The four rebuild kits cost me about $120. Someone that needs them will eventually come across them.

Speaking of your 175 carbs....I've seen decent sets go for $40. All you need is two guys that need them at the same time and it's magic.

Hell, I might just put those 26mm Superhawk carbs on Mary's race bike. It's got 24's now, I think it could handle the 26's.

Hey, Pewter kills people don't you know..it's got lead in it, and the greenies tell me it's a death sentence just to touch the stuff :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
hell I've got 10 tons of lead here in my shop. That's why i race motorcycles. If the lead is going to kill me I might as well die on a track. (I have my blood lead level tested every other year . . .)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
hell I've got 10 tons of lead here in my shop. That's why i race motorcycles. If the lead is going to kill me I might as well die on a track. (I have my blood lead level tested every other year . . .)

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Never thought about that...lead type face right?

By the way people....when buying wheels on ebay...COUNT THE SPOKES....the last three hubs I've bought that were listed 305 hubs were actually 450 hubs...a common mistake. Each time I neglected to count the number of spokes in the pictures.

I now have about six 40 hole, 450 DLS brakes if anyone needs a race brake. $250 ready to race, with race compound linings. (or $220 with a "core" 305/450 brake in trade)

I've got ONE 305, 36 hole brake and that's got someone's name on it already.
JohnnyB
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Never thought about that...lead type face right?

By the way people....when buying wheels on ebay...COUNT THE SPOKES....the last three hubs I've bought that were listed 305 hubs were actually 450 hubs...a common mistake. Each time I neglected to count the number of spokes in the pictures.

I now have about six 40 hole, 450 DLS brakes if anyone needs a race brake. $250 ready to race, with race compound linings. (or $220 with a "core" 305/450 brake in trade)

I've got ONE 305, 36 hole brake and that's got someone's name on it already.
JohnnyB
JohnnyB

61 - 72 of 72 Posts