Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi tell us something about yourself and the bike.
What are you trying to do?
Is it on the road yet? Do you like the looks? what advice would you like?
I will tell you what I think but it's just my thoughts others here have more experience.
The angle of the seat and tank make it a bit more bobber than cafe racer to me, but that's personal taste.
The rear looks dumped and the front looks raised. Changing geometry will have a large effect on handling and may affect safety So my Suggestions are not educated because I don't know what has already been done.
It looks like it maybe better to raise 30mm in the rear and lowered 30mm in the front making it closer to stock maybe.
It will also move appearance more towards cafe racer. Main thing is handling and safety.
I have probably already said too much without background info.
What is the zip tie on the fork indicating?
Hope you get feed back that helps there is a lot of knowledge and experience here.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
What is the zip tie on the fork indicating?
It looks like it's just to hold the brake lines.

Fix the geometry. Also needs either a fork brace or front fender. Something in the rear to protect from gravel and wet going all over.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The zip tie is a “poor man’s telemetry” device. You use it to set your sag and can be used to indicate max fork compression. When not used, you slide it up out of the fork travel region.

I don’t know if it has been used in this case.......

• Haha
Reactions: OldMan

·
Administrator
214 Posts
The zip tie is a “poor man’s telemetry” device. You use it to set your sag and can be used to indicate max fork compression. When not used, you slide it up out of the fork travel region.

I don’t know if it has been used in this case.......
Good point - but in this case looks like it's keeping the brake line and speedo cable from rubbing against the tyre since there is no front guard.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
What happened to the rear suspension? It looks like it was stomped on by something really big and heavy and didn't want to come back up.

·
Administrator
214 Posts
What happened to the rear suspension? It looks like it was stomped on by something really big and heavy and didn't want to come back up.
I think that's because the rear sub-frame mounting the shocks has been cut to lower the rear end.

That scoot has a lot of potential.

What I would probably change is the mag wheels - not only do they not look particularly good, but a set of spoke wheels might make it look more like a 'period' CR - if that's the OP's plan.

That's MO - hopefully the OP will fill us in on his intentions.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
I'd level it back out, it will be a lot more fun to ride with the correct geometry. I agree with Classic, it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
What I'm curious about is how the OP starts the bike. It's sans battery, still has its starter motor, but no kick starter. :unsure:
I think it's still several parts short of a complete chopper and the wiring to the make believe chopper tail light / license bracket is slightly disturbing, the headlight grill is possibly a good idea if you're going to ride with no front fender, but the yellow headlight lens is going to make it horrible for night riding, that's more of a caution light to oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
He needs to do a lot of back tracking to get to the point of potential. That is likely what it had when he started.

·
2,007 Posts
Had more potential stock... less potential now.

What it has now is an empty triangle.... and a pool slide for a seat when you accelerate

·
Registered
101 Posts
OP: "opinions please!"

So can we really offer our honest opinions? Or do we need to pretend that this thing has merit? Saying it has potential is fine, but after seeing what has been done, I'd say the bike has potential but only in the hands of another "builder".

·
2,007 Posts
The frame or shocks may not have been cut... the "c" model s typically had a dip in the subframe rails and a very thick stepped seat for that chopper look.

Maybe the only "crime" here was picking the wrong bike to create his "vision." Obviously the tank is not standard either and it's at a very odd angle.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There use to be a time here on CR.net when pile of crap like that got flamed out of existence.

What happened to you guys?

Everything about that bike is dangerous...... it's dangerous to the owner and its dangerous to motorists around him.

·
2,007 Posts
There use to be a time here on CR.net when pile of crap like that got flamed out of existence.

What happened to you guys?

Everything about that bike is dangerous...... it's dangerous to the owner and its dangerous to motorists around him.
You must have missed the last week or so...
Big changes..we're all supposed to be nice.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
And honestly, its still getting flamed. Its just in a more "bless your heart" way

Reactions: Classic250
1 - 20 of 64 Posts