Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
id call it a brat rather than a cafe. it certainly has hooligan charm. if you actually plan to ride it, a bikini front fender would keep the charm and keep a LOT of road shit out of your face

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
that sounds right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Speaking of Geeto, Ca Tac, where is he. I've been off the site for a while and have just returned to the new look "let's all be nice" look.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Speaking of Geeto, Ca Tac, where is he. I've been off the site for a while and have just returned to the new look "let's all be nice" look.
You know that scene in the Wizard of Oz when the Wicked Witch of the West gets wet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It can be really hard with cruiser type bikes to get that stance. I tried it with an XS750 custom and lost some stability from just raising the back 10mm and lowering the front 20mm, I had to fit a steering damper.
I think yours needs the front of the tank lowering, you may need to move the coils or make room by cutting and welding the inside of the tank or hitting it with a FBH. Then I think you'd have to run a frame rail from the back of the tank to the level of the rear shock mounts to raise the seat.
Find below a professionally rendered artist's impression:

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I think if you use the bright blue crayon to build a nice front fender for it that might balance the bones thing.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
I think if you use the bright blue crayon to build a nice front fender for it that might balance the bones thing.
Hey, Picasso got mocked for his art - maybe Mikeyvet will be the new 'Resident Artist.'

His post has the quintessential aspect of post modernism with a touch of Surrealism combined with Expressionism...

It speaks to me....I get where he is coming from.....

Having said that - yeah - a front fender - utilitarian though it may be - it IS necessary.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
I like the juxtaposition of reality and future dreams manifested simultaneously. I think the artist is saying he has a vision for his future but can’t see it in any degree of focus. It moved me that he was able to face his self doubt and is crying out for help. I hope someone here can assist him in continuing his quest.

I also agree a fender my be the missing piece on his path.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I like the juxtaposition of reality and future dreams manifested simultaneously. I think the artist is saying he has a vision for his future but can’t see it in any degree of focus. It moved me that he was able to face his self doubt and is crying out for help. I hope someone here can assist him in continuing his
as col fletcher once said “ dont piss down my back and tell me its raining”

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Ok so your guys are hilarious and beautiful drawing btw. So I'm taking everything into consideration I'm looking into lowering the front end and raising the rear 'responsibly' of course I won't just chop the springs. The lower dip in the frame before the rear shock mount is tricky and might have to stay. Other then that I took advice and reinstalled the front fender I was unaware the structural integrity it provides. Other then that thank you for the suggestions and I will update pictures in the future and maybe one day it'll be a bike I won't get flames for on caferacer.net. I am going to try and level the tank out I never wanted it at that angle we were just crunched for time and with the coils it is tricky. Thanks again for the advice to those who gave some.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I myself have bought a motorbike to customise into a Cafe Racer type and I can tell you categorically, with hundreds of hours on the internet and Youtube, researching what goes into making a cafe racer, your bike is a Bobber.

The parts that resemble a Cafe Racer is the seat and tank, other than that, the lines are off and the handlebars are too straight.

I can't tell you all the makes of bike you should be using as your base, but a Honda CB is probably at the top.

Please go here and read about what makes a Cafe Racer and what lines to follow. How to Build a Cafe Racer
This site has been invaluable to me. Good luck and well done for what you have done so far.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
OK, this has to be one of you guys with a spoof account. Can't be real.

I myself have bought a motorbike to customise into a Cafe Racer type and I can tell you categorically, with hundreds of hours on the internet and Youtube, researching what goes into making a cafe racer, your bike is a Bobber.

The parts that resemble a Cafe Racer is the seat and tank, other than that, the lines are off and the handlebars are too straight.

I can't tell you all the makes of bike you should be using as your base, but a Honda CB is probably at the top.

Please go here and read about what makes a Cafe Racer and what lines to follow. How to Build a Cafe Racer
This site has been invaluable to me. Good luck and well done for what you have done so far.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Its so spicy, I love it... its like Ichiban's weird cousin

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
when i go to the link all i see is a bunch of unridable crap, and when i say unridable i mean at speed.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts