Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hmm, yes. Art-Moderne indeed.

This composition evokes a sense of the post-vintage sublime yet challenges the viewer to embrace rigorous, forward thinking allusions of contemporary social commentary. In short, this piece is tragic yet benign in its statement about conventional assumptions, denying...wait a minute. I gotta look at it again.

Never mind. I lost it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I call this one - The Sub Frame

71 CB450 - Bought off a friend as cheap as chips, she is rusty as hell though. Nothing like a good sandblast and a dip into acid wouldn't fix.

Nothing beats sitting on the eames after a good days work on the bike.

This is pretty much all I got with the sale, hence the cheap as chips remark.

Spidey

·
Registered
172 Posts
quote:This composition evokes a sense of the post-vintage sublime yet challenges the viewer to embrace rigorous, forward thinking allusions of contemporary social commentary. In short, this piece is tragic yet benign in its statement about conventional assumptions, denying...wait a minute. I gotta look at it again.
...the best project review and commentary I have read in ages.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by krapfever

Hmm, yes. Art-Moderne indeed.

This composition evokes a sense of the post-vintage sublime yet challenges the viewer to embrace rigorous, forward thinking allusions of contemporary social commentary. In short, this piece is tragic yet benign in its statement about conventional assumptions, denying...wait a minute. I gotta look at it again.

Never mind. I lost it.

Eric,
You are so full of it! Tis composition clearly illustrates the issue of "Man's inhumanity to man". The initial condition of the hubs obviously is in reference to the human condition. This travesty was perpetrated by the previous owner, just as previous generations have placed the down trodden in the state they are in. The superficial polishing shows nothing except a shiny exterior with a disk bolted on. Where is the support for the poor hubs, the spokes and the rim?

Where is your insight and empathy for mankind?

Your pal,
Ken

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
In that last composition, the perfectly polished hub represents the pure essence of the human spirit: compassion, wisdom and forgiveness. Our essential "Buddha nature", if you will. It's appropriate that the hub shines like Truth itself!

The rim stands for the delusions and obscurations that envelop our true nature and block us from awareness. Ego, narcissism, our oversized sense of ourselves. How perfect that the rim is rendered in black!

Excellent compositions, Spiderman. The depth of meaning in your work is a joy to behold.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

can you paint the tank to match my couch and drapes?

tex
Texy,
I think the beer and "other" stains on your couch and drapes would be difficult to capture in any other medium. There may be a possible exception made for hamburger grease and bong water. You would need to check with the "artiste" for that.

Ken

·
Registered
52 Posts
quote:JackC Posted - Jun 08 2009 : 6:06:04 PM
Whats a "eames" that you sit on after a goods day work on the bike???? Sorry no hablo Austrailian.
charles and ray Eames were a pair of legendary American furniture designers. they designed some of the most famous chairs in the world. not australiano,

can i ask how much the pirelli's cost you, spiderman? i've got to purchase tyres eventually, and have not much idea what the going rate is here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sport Demons are great tires,good feed back,good bump compliance,more grip than you can use on the street,you will like them. Love them on our Ninja 250.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts