Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He bought it new in 1972 and had raced it in the 70's then it sat for a long time in a barn and then in his garage for a few years and eventually myself initially and then others at the end helped him restore it and get it back running perfectly again.

These first pics are from a 6 Hour Endurance at Ontario Motor Speedway (not sure what year) Stan is in the darker leathers.

The second set are some pictures that I took of it just a couple days ago when I was over to do some work on his 2004 ZX10R's forks, it has a new paint job on the docket (first one was done on the cheap as evidenced by the melted paint on the gas tank).

There is also a RD400 in tucked away in there and a RD350 as well :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Indeed! Glad to see those pictures,,, old and new. Even better, good to know the bike is still living the life. Sometimes it pays to be stubborn and keep an old girl. That's what I'm doing with mine!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Indeed! Glad to see those pictures,,, old and new. Even better, good to know the bike is still living the life. Sometimes it pays to be stubborn and keep an old girl. That's what I'm doing with mine!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought so too! Maybe when he takes it to the paiter me and my buddies will slip him a little extra $$$ and do it up right :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought so too! Maybe when he takes it to the paiter me and my buddies will slip him a little extra $$$ and do it up right :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is AWESOME. Thanks for that! I am REALLY digging the taped up gauges. Take it easy, think! and...KEEP HER IN THE POWERBAND!

I agree that it NEEDS the OG paintjob back.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is AWESOME. Thanks for that! I am REALLY digging the taped up gauges. Take it easy, think! and...KEEP HER IN THE POWERBAND!

I agree that it NEEDS the OG paintjob back.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is one of my favorite pictures as well!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is one of my favorite pictures as well!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Stan's ghey? Look: clubmans.

Seriously tho...
Weird to see a black guy racing. Not passing any judgments or anything. Just not something one sees often (enough?) in old photos like these.

I like the taped up guages too.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Stan's ghey? Look: clubmans.

Seriously tho...
Weird to see a black guy racing. Not passing any judgments or anything. Just not something one sees often (enough?) in old photos like these.

I like the taped up guages too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts