Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there - I am a total motorcycle newbie, although I have ridden and worked on lambrettas for a couple of years now. I have my CB200 running well and now I wanted to make a few modifications. First, someone put scrambler pipes on my bike - I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good/cheap source for the stock, or trumpet style exhaust.
In addition, I am only 5'2 and would like to put a lower seat on my bike - I think I am looking for a "manx" style seat, but I am not sure. On a Lambretta it's called an Ancelloti seat - this link: http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0767lz6.jpg has the style I am looking for but I would prefer that the end isn't fiberglass, just plain ole seat - this is the Lambretta style - http://beedspeed.com/lambretta-seat...4_144&osCsid=096fe3ee7f40b67f56433993fae5a57b
Any Suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
first off...welcome.

second...don't post pics of yourself working on your bike.....it will only agitate and excite the animals here.

third...do you mean by no fiberglass, that you want the speed hump covered/upholstered in leather?

fourth...post pics of your bike as is...but remember second point (as in...don't post pics of you and your bike).

tex

p.s. - try british specialties for your manx seat....or domiracer.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
any upolstry shop worth its salt can make you a humpty back seat with foam. Carpy (www.cb750cafe.com) does that kind of work but you can get it locally as well. If you feel like spending the money search european ebays for a guilari (sp) seat, they made them for the cb200 but they are hella rare.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's an example of a covered seat on my xs650. Sorry but I just mounted my new seat tonight and was looking at an excuse to post a pic.

joe

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sorry to thread jack Lambretta but xs650joe where did you get your seat or did you make it yourself? Oh and what year is your XS?

·
Registered
204 Posts
take tex's advice about the posting of pictures. it may get you around 7 pages of talk that has nothing really to do with your bike. i'm not positive of this, it's just a guess. anyway, i make seats and would be happy to make one for you. i'll post up some pictures soon..

emgo pipes are pretty inexpensive

·
Registered
546 Posts
Definitely post up some pictures girlnamedgo I may be interested also.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

take tex's advice about the posting of pictures. it may get you around 7 pages of talk that has nothing really to do with your bike. i'm not positive of this, it's just a guess. anyway, i make seats and would be happy to make one for you. i'll post up some pictures soon..
Sssshh! We were almost up to asking for pictures! Don't ruin it for us!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha. You guys are funny. I don't have any pics as of this second, but it is completely stock, save the scrambler pipes. It looks like every other 1974 CB200 pic I could find when I googled it! :)
It is orange, though.

I do mean no humpty hump seat - I would like to still be able to fit 2 people on it, if necessary.
How much would it cost for you to do a seat, girlnamedgo? Is there a good source for emgo pipes?

Guilari makes scooter seats too - maybe I will check around for them....

Pics will come soon!

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha ha. You guys are funny. I don't have any pics as of this second, but it is completely stock, save the scrambler pipes. It looks like every other 1974 CB200 pic I could find when I googled it! :)
It is orange, though.

I do mean no humpty hump seat - I would like to still be able to fit 2 people on it, if necessary.
How much would it cost for you to do a seat, girlnamedgo? Is there a good source for emgo pipes?

Guilari makes scooter seats too - maybe I will check around for them....

Pics will come soon!

:)

·
Registered
699 Posts
welcome to the board! tex was right about the pics, go (or go go as we call her here) has quite a following already. congrats on the bike and you've come to the right place for CB info. If this is the same EMGO that i am thinking about you should be able to find them at http://street.parts-unlimited.com/8/135/5996223?q=emgo. from there, take down the part number that you want, go to your local dealer and say "hey, i need parts unlimited part number ....." and watch them be really impressed and happy that they didnt have to flip through that massive catalogue to find what you wanted....i used to be parts counter help.

·
Registered
699 Posts
welcome to the board! tex was right about the pics, go (or go go as we call her here) has quite a following already. congrats on the bike and you've come to the right place for CB info. If this is the same EMGO that i am thinking about you should be able to find them at http://street.parts-unlimited.com/8/135/5996223?q=emgo. from there, take down the part number that you want, go to your local dealer and say "hey, i need parts unlimited part number ....." and watch them be really impressed and happy that they didnt have to flip through that massive catalogue to find what you wanted....i used to be parts counter help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, Emgo makes mufflers that'll fit, but you evidently need headers too if you've got scrambler pipes mounted. Your best bet there is ebay for sure.

Shame you want to ditch the scrambler pipes though, they're about my favorite stock exhaust (2nd only to cb450 D-kit dual-sided high pipes, which are unobtainable).

Best of luck on the build.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
es650joe - I love that seat. Where did you get it!? Totally what I am looking for.....

Is someone interested in trading exhausts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The seat is one of the new mikesxs seats. It's basically I copy of the old Giuliari seats. Pretty good quality. Came with all the mounting hardware and I didn't have to worry about a seatpan or a pad. It was mounted and I was out riding on it in 15 minutes. Plus it's covered so I think it looks OK with the stock fender although I'll probably eventually pull it off. I put about 200 miles on her this weekend and it's very comfortable.

oh...and zoulou my xs is a 1976. Had it for 20 years this month. What a party we're going to have!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I sincerely wish someone was making that seat for a CB450, I'd be all over it. I've been threatening to get my seat reupholstered for ages to look like that EXACTLY, but either a) I don't know if they're any good, or b) they want too much damn money. I say $200 is a steal for that.

Alex

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should keep the high pipes and put on staggered dual shorty cone tip mufflers. The mufflers look just like the ones on xs650joe's bike. You can get them from Emgo,J.C. Whitney etc. Really,high pipes look great on Cafe style bikes.

I have the same model bike as you and will be fixing it up sometime this summer/fall. It a project and needs a LOT of work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts