21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

WAY TO DIG UP AN OLD THREAD LOL
Hahahaha
Next time Ill remember to throw on a bubble seat and call it a cafe racer - lol!

That bike really woke up with the new carbs, no airbox, luftmeister exhaust and properly tuned. Actually it impressed me quite a bit, I wasnt ready for what it had to offer from riding it stock. It kept up easily with some pals of mine on their HD 1200's, passing them throughout the ride on the twisties - good stuff.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Other than the tires and thin padding on the seat I would say that this much more practical for the street than a cafe racer and it does look nice, I would want fenders as I am not shy to riding in the rain.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Change the wheels and tires. Put Avons on it and it will handle a bit better. I like the two-into one exhaust.

I am curious as to whether relocating the BMW heavy battery to the old airbox location decreases performance by raising the CoG...or improves it by centralizing the CoG? You can also use a lighter battery to shed a pound of weight.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
hey gerry,

i was right when i thought yesterday that you were an asshole!

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
hey gerry,

i was right when i thought yesterday that you were an asshole!

tex

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, those crappy / stupid / non performance, cartoon tires are there to complete a look!
I didnt build a cafe but just a little bob job custom to ride around on. These tires actually make a relative slow bike very fun to ride and I do like the way they look. If your into vintage then you might want to try to step outside of your box and try to understand, my inspiration was from a 47 pan which used a very similar tire stock. Not all bikes should look the same, nor fit into a particular genre, I think its nice to see old things with a new vision, as long as it is done tastefully and functional, sort of like functional art. But thats me, I dont love cafe racers, choppers, bobbers, road racers, scooters etc... I just like motorcycles.

I never weighed the bike, dry I could pick it up so Im thinking it was coming in around or just under 300#, that casted alloy adds up quick.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, those crappy / stupid / non performance, cartoon tires are there to complete a look!
I didnt build a cafe but just a little bob job custom to ride around on. These tires actually make a relative slow bike very fun to ride and I do like the way they look. If your into vintage then you might want to try to step outside of your box and try to understand, my inspiration was from a 47 pan which used a very similar tire stock. Not all bikes should look the same, nor fit into a particular genre, I think its nice to see old things with a new vision, as long as it is done tastefully and functional, sort of like functional art. But thats me, I dont love cafe racers, choppers, bobbers, road racers, scooters etc... I just like motorcycles.

I never weighed the bike, dry I could pick it up so Im thinking it was coming in around or just under 300#, that casted alloy adds up quick.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts