Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Machining some half moons for the exhaust at the moment, and she's on her way to a vintage bike show in the a.m.

Rides fine, nothing special, nothing terrible. More of a bike to stick my parts on that draws attention at shows. And drops panties, that's important too.

20150911_154534_zpsilu2qmds.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It's getting a rear inner fender before any more riding is done on it. And heading to the dyno next week to get the carbs as good as they'll go.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Machining some half moons for the exhaust at the moment, and she's on her way to a vintage bike show in the a.m.

Rides fine, nothing special, nothing terrible. More of a bike to stick my parts on that draws attention at shows. And drops panties, that's important too.

View attachment 16107
Exactly what on that bike is vintage? LOL.

Like it a lot. I'm a complete moron. I think it's a Honda, right? Can u give some tasty details? What's that splayed intake tract? Two carbs to an inline 4.

Rear wheel and swingarm looks like a VFR but the center hub nut is different. Like the VFR400.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
82 CB750K. Rear end is Ducati 748. Tail and rearsets are stuff I build. Carbs are Mikuni VM34's. Intake is from CycleX.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Handsome bike. Looks like it means business. I'd no problem making room for it in my garage,

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Predominantly because the stockers suck. Nearly impossible to tune without the stock airbox. Figured I'd give these a shot, see how they work. If I'm not entirely pleased with them, I'll be ordering a set of CR's for it.

I didn't hack a good bike up to make this, it was missing the entire back half of the frame when I bought it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
just an aside: if you took this photo with a phone, clean the lens. my iphone lives in my pocket and lots of my photos look like this. when i remember to give the lens a wipe it all becomes clear.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
S10, yeah. It was red then. Nothing was hooked up, no electrics on it, mostly tacked together then.

It's been a slow go on her. Just spending a few minutes here and there when I had time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hillsy,

Kind of. Didn't have time to get it to the ceramic guy, so I threw some wrap on it for the show last weekend.

Made four of these for the cans.
20150909_174333_zps8tnigtux.jpg

Shot somebody took at the show.
FB_IMG_1442181994905_zps6ob7vjod.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, another year gone by, and a few changes here and there. New exhaust, ditched the 4 into 4. It was ridiculously loud, and I try not to be too big an asshole. Went with a properly routed 4-2-1 with a reverse cone megaphone. Ditched the CycleX carb kit, went with a kit from Murray's Carbs. Never could get the Cycle X kit to run right. I figure it had to do with them sending out radiator hose as isolators, and them bouncing around everywhere, constantly. Murray's kit slides right in to the stock isolators. Rebuilt the engine in October, she needed a freshening up.

Been riding it hard an often the last few months. Been out and about in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas/Missouri. About to hop on and make the hour ride to family for Thanksgiving.

Hell, I even rode it to a coffee shop last weekend, for a Cars & Coffee, and two 80's Hondas.

Won a car show with it a few weeks ago. Hand full of the car guys weren't happy.

I think this winter, I'm going to pull her back apart, and have the frame, wheels, and forks powder coated, rather than painted. Never ending, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts