Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Sachs 800 cafe racer - Nothing too drastic: Ace bars, clipped tail, seat hump, Hagon shocks, Kawasaki clutch & brake master cylinders, short mirrors & bespoke polished stainless 'silencers'. Also blanked off crazy PAIRS system.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I love playing "what is in the background". Umm, mini lite rims, chrome strip, kinda looks like an MGB but maybe not, the chrome strip looks a bit wide and fender line seems off a bit. Borgward Isabella???

For some reason I do not think you are in the USA.

·
Banned
6,272 Posts
I love playing "what is in the background". Umm, mini lite rims, chrome strip, kinda looks like an MGB but maybe not, the chrome strip looks a bit wide and fender line seems off a bit. Borgward Isabella???

For some reason I do not think you are in the USA.
Jack,
The fender shape doen't seem quite right for any of the MG's. It looks familiar, but it is a little more pontoon like. I think it might be Italian, like maybe an Alpha or something by Pininfarina.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Looking at the pics on a screen bigger than my iphone it is obvious to me that the car is not an MGB. No MGs had a fender lip like that. Could be an early Volvo. Too Clunky looking for an Alpha. Maybe the OP will chime in and solve the mystery, or at least give a hint. I am still thinking Isabella (though I may have that car mixed up with a different one, they are soooo common ....) Looks like a quad headlight fender.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I fall into the category of those who didn't realize Sachs were still out there building bikes.

...Darn nice looking bikes!

Now I need to google the stocker to see how significant the changes are. Very tasteful styling for a V-twin sportbike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's my Sachs 800 cafe racer - Nothing too drastic: Ace bars, clipped tail, seat hump, Hagon shocks, Kawasaki clutch & brake master cylinders, short mirrors & bespoke polished stainless 'silencers'. Also blanked off crazy PAIRS system.
Hi, beautiful bike! Which kawasaki did you get the clutch and brake masters from please? I'm tarting up my own and grimeca are unobtainium. Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I really like this simple cafe. Can you share which Kawasaki masters used and where you got the exhaust made up please?
Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts