Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So friday night I'm crusing down Nagle road in Chicago and I almost hit a dog that jumped out in the street, and a car driving in an opposite lane almost hits the dog and almost hits me after. So out of concern, I pull over, park my bike and grab the dog. A lady walking her dog offers to take it to her house and hold on to it until animal control comes. One city block and 7 mins later, I come back to where I parked my bike and its gone. 7 mins is all it took, in a perfectly normal neighborhood. I had my key with me but the steering wasnt locked. I'm guessing someone witnessed all this and saw an opportunity and either pulled it into their garage, or a van/truck.

In case someone here notices it: 1971 CB350 Vin: CB3503086773
Red, tank badges and side covers are missing, clubman bars, taillight is aftermarket bobber style.

Any suggestions on what I should do? I already notified the police, but they were little help. I'm wondering if I should call every US state and give them my VIN.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have filed a police report. Chicago police are so stupid- while I was filing the report, not only did he ask me for my address three times, but he did it with my ID in his hand.

I have a strong feeling its still in the neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure its hidden well.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It may not be hidden so well as I have seen on here that at least 2 bikes stolen were found abandoned in the same area they were taken.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:Originally posted by danield157

I have filed a police report. Chicago police are so stupid- while I was filing the report, not only did he ask me for my address three times, but he did it with my ID in his hand.

I have a strong feeling its still in the neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure its hidden well.
He was trying to figure out if he could arrest you for something. Making sure your story matched your ID.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

He was trying to figure out if he could arrest you for something. Making sure your story matched your ID.
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'd go back to the area and ask around. Someone may have seen something, but take a bud to be on teh safe side - just in case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

Thats what I thought at first, but what could he be arresting me for if I have a valid ID and recited it to him twice? (The third time was just overkill). Thy did this to me at the station too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, since the cops will do absolutely nothing to find his (or anybody else's) bike and if he finds it him self not even arrest the guy who stole it, the cop was probably trying to see if he can arrest you for something since you conveniently presented your self. Hey, did you feel at any point like you are dealing with someone whose salary you pay?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Post some reward posters in the area. If it was some low life they'll probably rat out their buddy for a few bucks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts