Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2002-03 Aprilia Tuono..... my kinda customizing!!

1975 cl 360 w/ cj exh. loving referred to as the gold "chupa"-thingy

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Slave,
Nice bikes, but IMHO, there is a visual tug'o'war going on with the Tuono. The 'Racer' decal kit is having a hard time convincing anyone with all that pedestrian equipment. Fender reflectors, turn signals, bug eye mirrors, and especially the passenger pegs have gotta go. If she wants a ride, take the 360. Or better yet, teach her to ride the 360 and you take the Tuono.

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice lookin bikes. What brake setup did you use for the rear? I'm trying to put CJ exhaust on my CB and I can't get the rear brake set-up. I bought the CJ rear brake arm, spring and spindle off of e-bay, but it doesn't fit right.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
got a shot of the exhaust side....I have the feeling that that is not a stock cj360 exhaust.

hooker, mac, and a few others (probably now defunct) made 2 into 1 pipes back in the day. They are rare (mostly because the 360 was a disposable bike) these days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are those side covers on the 360 made to accomodate a scrambler style exhaust? Or what are those grooves for?

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
Are those side covers on the 360 made to accomodate a scrambler style exhaust? Or what are those grooves for?

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.
the grove in the sidecover is where the muffler goes. it is not the same on the right side.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
not to jack this thread, BUT...

looking at yet another clean example and thinking about it a little more, i don't think i've ever seen a 360 that WASN'T in excellent stock shape!

probably just me and the fact that there aren't as many as other models, but i just find it oddly noteworthy...

NCNR

·
Registered
687 Posts
when i get a chance i'll shoot some picts of the 360 basket case laying in my garage.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I hooked up with a Triumph daelership group last weekend to attend a vintage japanese rally in Holly, MI, and saw the raggediest cb360 I've ever seen. On the subject of old motorcycles, around here all the people with old bikes are old men interested in restoration or preservation. I probably saw 500 bikes, and less than a dozen could be described as rats. I'm irritated by people who take insignificant hobbies too seriously.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cl/cj exhaust was on the bike when i bought her. seems that the cj headpipes, and collector are of factory origin, but the muffler may be from a cb. there is a noted difference since the cj had a mounting bracket that mine doesn't. i'll take a pic tomorrow or see if took one when i had the girls out last weekend....yep here it is..let me know what kind the muffler is i'm interested since this was a dealership add on when the owner bought it for street riding only!!! maybe a unique story or something rarely done....idk...

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Looks like a cj muffler to me.

You still lookin' for pipes?

Edited by - judeyramone on Oct 13 2007 11:30:08 PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts