Cafe Racer Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I will say that if you are on an idea of camper vans. Then you see a bunch of non camper vans but work vans it does change you vision. There is nothing wrong with building a camper van but do it with Virtue meaning at the right time in the right amount knowing it's the right thing to do . That's my advice. I love the video a you-tuber made of a high top dodge church van. It was epic. I lived in a truck shell for a while and always wanted a van . But I guess don't let it be something that brings you down but up . Because the concept of building cool stuff out of not that cool of stuff is Awesome but do it with Virtue you know at the right time in the right amount knowing it is the right thing to do. I do want to build a pop top on my 99 Nissan Quest van just to do it. Not that i want to live in it. But I would take it camping a few times before I sold it. The whole scene is interesting for sure !!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
You will need a welder , Fiberglass skills , bondo skills , paint skills and basic construction skills. But that's what makes it such a cool thing is to see how cool you can make it right ? Especially when an 80's VW Bus camper go's for like 20 K it's like wtf right ? That crap inspires me to build a way cooler camper that I could sell for way less.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
The information is out there just learn it and don't let your brain say "I have to go to school for this ". Because if you can get past that mind block you can do it . Just do a ton of research and don't believe the first youtube video you see about the stuff actually research the concepts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Body work is all about the 60 die grinder , 80 , 120 , 140 feather primer then 220 then paint.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I hope so and for myself too !! I think it's perfectly ok to build a cool camper just to sell not to live in !!

241 - 249 of 249 Posts