Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
it's a vincent, not sure of the model

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I don't think it's a vincent. In fact, I'm not sure it's a real motorcycle at all. Looks like it has bevel driven overhead cams (Vincent never made any of those, that I'm aware of), plus it's got an awfully 2-dimensional looking rear wheel hub. Whatever it is, it's been heavily Photoshopped.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Not a Vincent. The heads and clyinders look much different tho the pushrod tubes could make you think that at first.

I looks like something british, pre war. Maybe a Brough Superior? V twins were very common all over the world. The logo on the tank kind of looks like the Excelsior one.

It looks like the photoshop work was done trying to drop out the background.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:It looks like the photoshop work was done trying to drop out the background.

The entire shadow the bike's casting is fake. Look at the rear hub. The perspectives don't line up properly elsewhere, either. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing it's a brand new, 2006 Mindfuck Special. There's too much about the pic that's fishy.
And Brough Superior never, ever made anything that fugly.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Phew! 78hp and 200 klicks must've really been something back then. On that front end? With those brakes? I'll pass. Nifty though.

Z

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Der's sum way whack frashizzle there.

That orange and yellow thing with the sidecar is the most beautiful contraption I've ever seen.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
266 Posts
That is a really neat looking bike. Definitly sketchy with 78 hp and drum front brakes though.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dammit! I spent like an hour looking through old mag's and google image searches trying to figure that one out! Plus I was kinda bored last night.

Yeah, those "bevel drive" heads are a big clue that it isn't a Vincent/is something weird. French huh? marde.

Honda go sideways!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts