Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some of you folks name your project bikes. I have never done that but I think it gives the project bike a little more character. During a build I usually come up with some interesting names for the project when I have problems with a build.

So if anyone's got something interesting bike name - please added it here with a picture of the bike.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
how about "bike"?

i have friends who have names for their bikes, and i hate it. gay if you ask me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
On another message, there was a guy with a lot of BS with a CB500/550 with a generic fairing and clubman bars that he named "Thumb Wrestler" or something like that(I forget what the name was). It was a miracle bike that went 160 MPH and the whole world was going to be a better place because the bike was in it.
People disputed his claim of "pegging the speedo" to 160 MPH, and in the same thread, I "proved" that my bike would go faster than the speed of light. He then gave my bike a name "Light Speed Pickle". To me its still a CB 750, but if you want to call it "LSP" thats fine with me.
Naming a bike is just strange,unless you also name other stuff like a computer (Horace) or a computer desk (Wilber) or a computer mouse (Mickey).
DG

"LSP"

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
haha....you gave it those names!

i believe you called it the "lean green braking machine". and also are responsible for calling it "atomic green". my other friend named it "green meanie".

both of which i like. but it does not have a name. it is only referred to that way here.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
by the way, i see no problem with calling it the green meanie, etc...but naming it something like mary, or something like that is gey.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
My old truck's name is Roy, mostly after it's first and only other owner. In a smaller part after the tin-man on American Hot Rod that died while the show was on the air because it's rusty and needs him.

The name just stuck and now everyone calls my truck Roy. To arbitrarily name a vehicle so that you end up constantly explaining it is ghey.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
My 1975 cb750 is called "blue" because it is....well...blue... and because I need a way for my non-cb literate friends to tell the bikes apart.

·
Registered
39 Posts
quote:sorry, all gay.
Aw, you say that it like it's a bad thing!

Vanity plates in NH are pretty cheap, which is why you see so many. . .for years, my daily rider (whatever it may be) has always had the plate "ONWRD". It's usually what I say when I'm saddling up, so that's what I call it.

The SR500 is named after Ogri's dog, Kickstart, and it has the plate "KXTRT." Ogri is the star of a comic strip featured in the Brit mag BIKE. . . Kickstart hates cars, and is famous for destroying Volvos with a sledgehammer (where can I get me one o' them dogs?).

My Duc SS750ie track bike was a salvage wreck, and it took me nine months to bring her to life. So, she's my little girl.

The TT2 has no name. . .yet.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think some of you missed the whole point of this thread - I was just asking if you gave your bike a name - I don't ask if you approved or thought it was gay. If you have a name for your bike, fine. If you don't name your bike and would rather wear ladies pink underwear than give your bike a name, that's fine too. I don't give a rat butt...

Just for the record - a stock cb750 will do 160mph - towed by another vehicle...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I saw a thread on another forum about someone who was building a bike. The guy had named the bike "Devil Bitch" which was enough to put me off looking. I had the mental image of some 15 year old getting a CB125 back on the road with clubmans on it. My LSR sidecar project has become known as "Screwball" after a friend looked at it and said "That is one screwball idea."

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
A buddy of mine is building the "Donkey Monkey" for LSR. It is a supercharged Harley 45 with a sidecar. Donkey for the engine Monkey for the sidecar....makes sense to me.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Embarrassing to admit, because I'm not particularly into naming inanimate objects, but my cb360 is called "Baby Sister", taken from "True Grit" when it was my daughter's favorite movie, and my project is called "Dead Man Special" (mostly because it's mostly still not alive).

We used to refer to my 1990 Ford Ranger as "The Lone Ranger", but for no real reason. Someone called it that on a camping trip & it stuck.

Oh yeah... we call my wife's Saturn "Stupid fucking piece of Goddamned shit, I hate that fucking car." all the time, but it's a cumbersome name.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like naming my vehicles. My Landcruiser is called "the tootsie roll" because it's brown. My new project bike is called "el perrito" because it's a dog of a bike. Maybe I'm G.A.Y., but I'm comfortable with that...

oh, and I had a 1974 Mercury Capri that was often called "stupid fucking piece of Goddamned shit..."

·
Registered
123 Posts
my chop is called cockroach. my h-bars reminded one of my buds of bloom county. i'm going to use the "ghey" word now...a joke that i may have missed.... giving your bike a name is not ghey. giving a ghey bike a name is ghey. its totally not ghey if someone else names your bike. but if you give a bike you didn't build a ghey name...it's ghey. my suzuki...which i didn't build...does not have a name.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I build all my bikes and name them really masculine badass names

"soft rose petal"

"heyzeus loves me"

"virginity admirer"

Geet...... I have some go fast 45 stuff and also a stash of 22" and larger blowers

and some lil 80 horse turbos with a belt driven scavenge/feed oil pump setup to keep the bearings alive on a needle engine

1 - 20 of 34 Posts