4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, pluck two out of your stash and send them to me

I was thinking it was Honda Gazelle or something like that

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it ain't easy if a man wants 2LS brakes on the rear too........

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe this will help

I would really like to have two more of these and hate the idea of having to go looking while blind

I do think it's Honda and 350cc's or less

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I think I see the Yamaha tuning fork logo in a couple of pictures that show the inside of the brake. But that's the only thing that makes me think it's not a Honda.

Craig

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you are right and the ribber stringers are even in the tuning fork pattern!

ok....... yamaha it is

now I need to figure out which model because they fit my GT750 hubs with only a bit of work

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Not that many Yamahas had 2LS brakes. R5/DS7,TD1/TD2, YM1/YDS3 etc Basically the old 2 strokes pre 74 and the XS1-A

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, really appreciate it

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
HackA,
I found this on e-bay. It is from a yamaha Big Bear scrambler which was a late 60s 2 stroke twin 305. Maybe YM1.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my buddy up the road has a private vintage junkyard full of old honda stuff and is bringing me a CB77 rear hub for me to determine if it has a chance of holding up

he said he thinks he has DLS rear hub with a cush

said to the best of his memory the bearings were really huge so changing them out and fitting a 20mm axle shouldn't be a problem

worse case I'll have to find a UJM cush drive hub that the backing plate will fit...... much less work even though I'll have to probably buy different stainless spokes and relace yet another wheel

maybe I'll get lucky and it can be made to plug and play in the Gt750 hub already fitted with ceramic bearings, powdered, and laced

think I'll see about buying that one anyhow since I missed one wheel I really wanted

thanks tons for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts