Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an exhaust for a '76 CB750F.

I'm open to suggestions, but more importantly, I'm looking for a supplier, preferably in Canada, but will happily deal with U.S. NW companies too.

If necessary, I have a Hindle muffler and a Supertrapp that i can use, so if necessary I'll happily take just headers as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
mac makes a cheap one and it is readily available. Buy a black one and give it a coat of high temp paint since she will rust. No real hp gain but they sound better. Kerker also still makes the cb750 pipe and that will give you a hp gain - but pre prepared to pay for it (like $600).

Dynoman.net sells the kerkers and he deals with canada. Ebay canada should have at least a couple of mac listings for new pipes.

There is always ebay, used pipes are out there. However, I do not recommend a stock pipe as they are heavy as sin. Even the head pipe is heavier than it needs to be. for a non-stock bike you don't need the stock exhaust. Mac can sell you just a headpipe if that is all you need.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Ebay is out. Ever since I got ripped off by some kid in Korea who managed to get into my Paypal account, I've never used Ebay.

I've been looking at the Mac systems.

so, here's another question...

4-1
4-2-1
4-2

what's best and why?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
usually I say 4 into 1 because it is the lightest and has the best cornering clearance - however macs have shitty cornering clearance all around, but are still light.

Kerkers have awsome cornering clearance but only come 4 into 1.

4-2-1 was an attempt to create equal length headers for bikes. supposed to give a smoother power delivery and make tuning easier. I am sure there are other benefits but I don't know what they are.

4-2 just looks cool and balanced (provided you have the correct mufflers). if you get crossover 4-2s you can get a balance tube effect where the firing of one pipe creates vacuum in another and speeds up the exhaust exiting the cc.

Also I forgot to mention - if you have deep pockets benjie makes a stainless steel 4-2 that looks awsome and sounds awsome-er. Not usre about the weight penalty but the cornering clearance is there and....well...its stainless.

sucks that you don't use ebay as the ebay mac sellers have better prices than buying direct from mac.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might still be using them if Paypal weren't such pricks when it came time to dispute the whole shitshow. Took about 5 months til all theh charges finally went away.

Just ordered a set of headers from Mac. Should be here by next Wed. :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I go outbid on a set of kerkers 4-2 on ebay yesterday for a CB750. The guy claimed he had them mounted on his 79 super sport 750. I didn't know kerker made a 4-2 for a cb750??? I have a set of kerker 4-1 on my other bike and though it would be neat to have a 4-2 set on my latest project. Since my new engine is an 836 motor - I'm saving for the kerkers.

If your engine is hopped up - go for the kerker's, if not go for the mac's.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't think Kerker made a 4-2 but kerker did sell different size bolt on mufflers for all sorts of headpipes. Incidently "Winner" brand pipes are actually kerker pipes if you ever see one. The are called winner because they are part of a production run Kerker's wife got in the divorce and she hated the name (I couldn't make this up if I tried). Jardine did make a 4-2 and the pipes were ok, some of their universal stuff still fits (not the headpipes). I have two sets of jardine 4-2s for my cb550, they are alright pipes but the most popular were baloney cut turn outs (think last 1" section of a pair of 60's corvette sidepipes) and I hate they way those look.

I forgot to mention but yaimya (sp) in japan makes a replica yoshimuria pipe and they are by far the best cb750 pipes every made (IMHO). Pricey at $600+ but worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Geeto67 -
I've never seen a 4-2 Kerker but he had the pictures on the ebay sale item and they were kerkers for sure. I've also seen yaimya's for sale on ebay and I thought they were yoshimuria pipe rip-offs. They are pricey but so are kerkers. Best price I've seen so far is 499.00 for chrome units.

I'm in the wrong business....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I looked it up - damn if it isn't a 4-2 kerker. I've never seen one not even in their old back in the day catalogs. I guess you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how about jemco? i'm going to order a set for my 750K, and i've read so many good things about his. amazing sound, hp gains, all hand tig welded with the latest technology. here's his website: http://www.jemcoexhaust.com/ he makes more than just the scramler exhaust. i'm going with a hand bend yoshi replica. just a thought

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I didn't know Jemco made a SOHC pipe. They make pretty good kawasaki triple and rd400 pipes. There isn't one listed on their site.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
cheeze website - no product pictures. I'm in the market for a new pipe for one of my cb750 projects.

I've never heard of Jemco pipes - any place else to get info on this pipe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts