Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i am not getting rid of my XS. I am looking for a bike for my dad. He loves my bike and at times this summer probably rode it as much if not more than I did haha. But now i am looking into clip ons and rearsets so it will get kind of uncomfortable for him. I am looking to pick up a bike more suitable for him. I was hoping to get your guys' suggests on different models. It needs to be comfortable for a 50+ guy and maybe sometimes his wife so dont think too sporty or small. It doesnt have to be vintage but I am going to try and stay under $2000 if possible. If this works out we will be able to ride together and even bring my mom sometimes. Thanks for the help in advance.

-Kyle

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently mentioning cb900 is secret code for delete all posts in this thread? Where did they go? haha

·
Registered
699 Posts
honda rebel 250 with clubmans...that was my post. is this place getting moder"hated" now?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea smoke but Geeto posted in here earlier suggesting a cb750 and i agreed then edited my post and asked about a cb900 and now both his post and my second post disappeared haha so i dont know what happened.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I suggested a 77-78 cb750K because you can stil get them for $1500 or less (pamp had a super nice one for $1200) and they are dead reliable.

a cb900c is a really nice bike. Shaft drive, 10 speeds, a good all around crusier. A little heavy though. I would go for the 900F instead, a better sport tourer but a little tall in the saddle.

·
Registered
692 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I suggested a 77-78 cb750K because you can stil get them for $1500 or less (pamp had a super nice one for $1200) and they are dead reliable.

a cb900c is a really nice bike. Shaft drive, 10 speeds, a good all around crusier. A little heavy though. I would go for the 900F instead, a better sport tourer but a little tall in the saddle.
+1 on the reliability factor . I'd trust my 30+ yr old Honda long distance as much as my 1 year old Triumph .

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tall probably wont work too well as he is only 5'10"

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ZouLou

No i am not getting rid of my XS. I am looking for a bike for my dad. He loves my bike
What about an XS 650?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
an xs would work nicely but they arent the easiest bike to find for an affordable price because of the guys who want them for bobbers

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may have found a bike for him. A '73 XS650. Plan to make it into a nice little cruiser with a nice two up seat, a sissy bar, tall gears, and maybe some bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts