Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up a 1972 suzuki 125 enduro i have since stripped the bike and removed the motor. my question is what are my options for motor swaps. i can get custom motor mounts/brackets made but i have no idea which motors will be the most compatible. looking for a little get up and go as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont want a significant jump in power..... the bike was given to me for free so im trying to make the most of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 125 motor that came with it is junk so im seeing what other engines will be compatible im not talking about shoving a cb550 or something like that in there just asking for opinions on what motors would be a good fit.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I've had a lot of Suzuki 185's and the motor and frame on the TS or TC 185 is very comparable in dimension to the 125, they also perform a lot better. The 250 engine is significantly larger by comparison. Where do live? I can give your a smoking deal on an engine if you live in Canada, otherwise shipping costs would probably make it impractical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because this bike was given to me for free ..... theres nothing in the area of florida where i live

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Lies, you just suck at finding stuff.

just becase something is free doesn't mean it is a good idea.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
"There is nothing more expensive than a free motorcycle".:D Your plan will verify this saying.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
because this bike was given to me for free ..... theres nothing in the area of florida where i live
Free bikes are more than nice running bikes in the long run.........and usually comes with constant wrenching and headaches.

The TS, TC and TM share a common heritage and the 185 might just slip right in. The 250 might not be a fit but in all honesty the 185 engine is just as good and perhaps more readily available. Considering the TS185 was being manufactured until very recently in foreign markets (perhaps still is) it could be a good option.

Just curious.......is its current power plant not repairable? And if so...why?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts