Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently make stainless braided brake hoses, and starting with Jerry's cb350f, rubber oem style hoses.

i make them for the following...

1969-1976 CB750 k

< 1977 CB550 Cb500 k

CB350F

Cx500 Custom

I'm looking for new bikes to make them for. So i could start buying them up on ebay and spend all that money in the name of r&R, but i thought i could use this resource here to my advantage instead.

If you have a bike not listed above i'm wanting to work with you. I'll make a set of stainless braided hoses for you for cost plus shipping in exchange that i get to keep your original hoses so that i can keep them to use as a template to build stainless sets from them. feeling especially nice and don't want a set made in stainless? even better, just let me know what they came from so i can start selling them!

conditions -

i need to know exactly what bike they came from and if you know 100% that the 72- 78 are the same exactly then be sure to let me know so that i can market them to as many potential customers as possible.

the hoses you send me can be leaking, split, bubbled....as long as they aren't cut or missing the ends.

i want to do this thru email so i can tell you all individually what cost will be as it may be different depending on how long and what fittings are needed.

Keep in mind, i have the CB750k up to 76, but not a 78k. i also don't have the cb750F with rear disc, etc...

if anyone is interested in helping me out, and getting a excellent deal on brake hoses that are made in the USA, tested to 2000psi, and in most cases DOT, email me at [email protected]

We're all friends here and i want to make sure that i don't get treated like a business. Thats why most people don't even know that its me that they buy parts from.

i've sold about 150 sets of hoses so far, and i haven't had a single complaint. Every single hose is leak tested...no exceptions.

they are good quality.

so i'm looking forward to my email box being full by tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The OEM rubber hose custom length that you made me works great! Very High quality and great price. Thanks. I will be coming to you when its time to replace the lower.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
this is a great idea. i'll be contacting you when i get back into town.....Suzuki GT550 (i'll do my homework on years, and see if it will work the same as the GT750 too).

texy

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool tex! i look forward to hearing from you.
so i found out today that my department at Advance Auto Parts is getting outsourced thru IBM. i'm pretty sure the shit will hit the fan as soon as the stores start calling in for assistance and get some guy in India to help them look up a ring and pinion for a 74 ford pinto. Not to get political but there is a problem when there is no system set up to prevent US companies from taking jobs from Americans and giving them to other countries and them receiving a slap on the wrist. This needs to change and we need the mindset this country had when my grandfather was working...buy American because its the best. So i'll have my benefits and job for a few more months at best i figure. I've thought about making my little hobby of selling motorcycle parts more of a career but i just don't think it can make enough money for me to be comfortable. I'm just luck i don't have any kids (that i know of) that i have to feed. **********Tangent OFF********

So yeah, send me your hoses Tex, and anyone else for that matter. Maybe i can make a livin' out of making brake hoses.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have a set for a 1975 GT750, pretty sure they are all the same for the disc brake 750s. The 550s might be shorter because the forks may be shorter. I'll send them to you when I get back into the country

·
Registered
185 Posts
Will you do it for modern bikes too; like my 2006 r6? If so, there on the way!

They will fit on 2006-2008 r6; and probably the 2009 as well since it's the same set-up.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah man, i'll make 'em for your lawn mower...whatever.
thanks guys! how about this, just mail them to:
Shaun Stewart
1525 Memorial Ave Suite A
Roanoke, Va. 24015

BE SURE TO NOTE WHAT THEY ARE OFF OF AND HOW MANY SETS YOU WANT. put your name and number on a note too incase i need to contact you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts