Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here give a reccommendation for a shop to do a motor rebuild for me? Not exactly a cafe racer, but a 50cc pushrod Honda motor from the mid 60's. It is pretty noisy, with a knocky sound. Runs ok but smokes. I had a local shop take a look, but they didn't want to get into the rebuild.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sort of true, except maybe simpler. The problem is finding the right parts. If you can do that, the motor is pretty easy, you'll just need a socket for the oil filter nut.
Wait, pushrod? I don't know about that engine.
Disregard this post...

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sort of true, except maybe simpler. The problem is finding the right parts. If you can do that, the motor is pretty easy, you'll just need a socket for the oil filter nut.
Wait, pushrod? I don't know about that engine.
Disregard this post...

FR

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rosko,

I would like to buy a complete good running engine, but I think you have a c110 with the regular clutc. Mine is the 3 speed auto clutch. If yours is the auto, I would be interested in anything you may have.

In my collection are 4 motors, but all have the kickstarter shaft broken off.

I would like to have one bike ready as a spare for the giro, in one the electrics are good but engine knocks, other runs great but there is a short somewhere that blows fuses--probably just a matter of tracking down a bear wire. Maybe I will make one out of two for the event.

·
Registered
66 Posts
jack, this is pete. remember, the guy in the motorcycle shop down the road from you? these engines are so easy to rebuild that it is like a lawnmower. have some confidence in yourself, man!
the only problem is that parts are going to be a bitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts