Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just really need some clarity here. Got a new handlebar control (all in one) on the way and need to get a new throttle assembly as the new control does not incorporate the throttle. My confusion is this: is there a certain size I need? Or can I just get a 1 inch dual cable control assembly? http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5000708?N=274977

My concern is, are all 2 cable assemblies created equal? Or do I need a certain honda cb550 part? As it is now I am only half happy with my current bars and will change them...next year. For that I'd like to go drag bars.

Now if you'll excuse me, the black wire from the right side control grounded out and my screw driver bit fuse allowed the whole wire to melt...so off to work I go. (And gonna get some real fuses)

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Your cb550 should have 7/8" bars, so a 1" HD throttle won't fit.

Look for Jap dirt bike throttles, or a lot of newer sports bikes run separate throttle assemblies (ZX6/9, GSXR, R1/6, etc)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Or get a MotionPro throttle and a new cable. If necessary, Flanders sell all the parts needed to make up a custom cable.

·
Registered
183 Posts
MotionPro's cheap-ass generic push-pull throttle will work fine with your factory cables; I'm using one on my cb550.

P/N 01-0058; you ought to be able to find one locally for ~ $15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts