Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Corey,
I wonder if the front rim from a YZ80 would bolt right up. They are 17" and are cheap on e-bay. That way you would stil have the stock wheel available if you wanted to swap it back. As far as the pegs go, maybe if you just raised them instead of moving them back would work better with the seat and bars that you have.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Corey,
I wonder if the front rim from a YZ80 would bolt right up. They are 17" and are cheap on e-bay. That way you would stil have the stock wheel available if you wanted to swap it back. As far as the pegs go, maybe if you just raised them instead of moving them back would work better with the seat and bars that you have.

Ken

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
What about a whole YZ front end then? Once 80 stuff gets a little old it doesn't have much value.

Actually around here there's a youth 80cc ATV mx class. The fast ones are worked YZ 85 motors in a full-size chassis. There are always engineless 85 chassis floating around. Usually in the $300-$600 range.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
What about a whole YZ front end then? Once 80 stuff gets a little old it doesn't have much value.

Actually around here there's a youth 80cc ATV mx class. The fast ones are worked YZ 85 motors in a full-size chassis. There are always engineless 85 chassis floating around. Usually in the $300-$600 range.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think a swap to a narrow seventeen and some moped tires are the route i'm going to take. i use this thing nearly daily and its just a relace. not only that the 19" tire on the fron in the narrow sizing is quite hard to find.

i rarely order a tire from OEM but had to this time.

the Michelin gazelles look streety enough and come in the right sizes.

been slowly bringing this thing back to spec.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
17" wheels with Honda RS125 rain tires is something to think about. The tires are usually throw aways from the racers and would work nice on small motard bikes.

Craig

·
Registered
830 Posts
Michelin makes Gazelle's in 18" size as well, you could go with the entire front end from an RD200 and have a DLS front brake with an 18" front.

I have three DT50's and an RD60 as well as an LS-2 (think RD125 with no reeds & smaller bore). I have bolted up both wheels to a DT with no mods necessary, just to see if it would fit. Or, you could go to a Suzuki GT185 front end and have a disc brake setup.

I also have an RX50, but the forks are only 27mm. Stock DT50 size is 30mm. Not recommended. I can watch the entire front end bend under hard braking on the RX.

Off topic, does anyone know an online source for a Honda MB5 wiring diagram? Tried the "Kick-Ass wiring diagram site" but not one there. Google searches have come up empty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts