Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im trying to start my bike collection by buying one of each of the bikes i've owned growing up...the first being a yamaha rt100. well i found one on ebay, bid on it, then went out of town...i ended up winning it, not meaning to (i know, i shouldn't have bid) but its in dover delaware. could i send the money to the guy and have one of you keep it till i got shipping arranged? or if anybody is going to the indy GP, bring it there? i am in a pickle here!!! thanks guys

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Tyler,
I'm probably about 90 mins. away in central N.J. I'm not going to Indy, but if nothing better comes your way, I could probably at least pick the bike up (next week) and store it till you figure out your next move.

Hacka will probably see this as his opportunity to pitch me on trucking your bike and my KZ900 to TN. so I can then maybe cut his grass and get him coffee. That will be a stretch, but let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got in touch with the seller, he said he'd take it to northern delaware for $50....how much would you charge to pick it up from there? i am pretty determined to get this bike to kentucky now! LOL!! thanks leo!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Leo, you forgot my two turbo Honda's!

How did the far east meeting go?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
im in baltimore, it can live here as long as youd like it to. dovers not too much further than 90 mins from me either.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'm out of town till sunday the 24th, but i might be able to help if the guy can get it to wilmington/newark delaware.

trust me tyler, you won't get screwed on this one......

tex

p.s.- i'm only volunteering transport, as i have ZERO extra storage space.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude, you guys are Godsends...honestly, i just can't believe the response from you guys. well, im talking to GoGo on AIM right now and she says it can stay in newark at her place as long as it needs to (she just wants a white and purple dirt bike to put her unicorns on) but im hoping one of you guys can get it to indy or maybe leo can get it to Hack's for me. either way, the seller is TOTALLY cool, he said if i couldnt come up with transportation, i could just pay him the relisting fee, and we wouldnt have a problem, but i want this bike pretty bad. i told him i'd have a resolution to him by the end of the week. so it can stay at leo's and at Go's....that isnt an issue, i just need to see who is going to indy in a truck or van, or who is a snow bird heading south some time when the weather gets cold...just so you know, im in west kentucky. thank you all so much, now i know why i have stuck around on this site!!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Tyler,
Always nice to feel loved.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Leo

ps- Hacka, I forgot about the Hondas. I need a bigger truck. And my visiting Indian friends seemingly left impressed. I can now evidently BS on an international scale.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leo, when are you thinking you are going to head south??

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Tyler,
Mondays or Tuesdays are best for me. Either early or later in the day, so as to not screw up the shank of the afternoon.

If this guy said he wouldn't mind running it to north DE. to meet, that would be cool. I'm about an hour from the Del. Memorial Bridge. There's is a big Harley dealer right there as you cross into DE.

If you need me to run all the way to Dover, I could do that too, if need be. Just a little more time.

Shoot me an email or call (609-638-1726) as plans firm up.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey leo, i was actually going to have GOGO pick it up for me. she said that she could keep it at her place as long as it needed to stay there and she is closer in newark. i was asking when you think you are heading (or if) to hack's place. and if you could transport it there for me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh...dang that hack...i thought you were heading down there! ok...well i may just have gogo pick it up, take it apart and UPS it to me part by part.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i gave up on getting the bike....thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you get this squared away?? I am not too far from DE either, and will be going to GO at Indy this year as well. Let me know, if I can help, I will.

DZ

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doug, you are too late...DANG!!! i couldn't get anybody to bring it to me, so i just told him about 2 hours ago that i wouldn't be able to get it, and i paid his relisting fee. oh well, i'll get another one later. thanks for the reply though doug, just a little too late on my part!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Geez - sounds like we have an underground railroad for bike delivery going on here. For the record - anyone coming through the Rochester NY area that needs a bed and coffee is more than welcome.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
well what i was going to say is that i could get it to cincy later next month.

but now that is like rubbing salt.......

oh well,

texy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts