Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know cafe bike dont have fairing persay. could a half fairng still be called a cafe bike. this is an on going talk me and a buddie have going on. i tell him no cafe bikes have no fairings. cause i havent seen anypics of the cafe bikes from the 60's having them. i know that old vintage road race bikes had fairings. and still to this day road race bikes have fairings.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

Edited by - speedy81304 on Feb 02 2008 12:38:22 PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
As a general rule cafe bike have no fairings. Eveverything not needed is striped off so adding a fairing would defeat the purpose. Tell your friends he is wrong. It could still be a proper vintage bike but not a cafe.

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i said. great im right. and im younger too and i know more about vintage then this ald fart. lol. cant wait to tell him this one.
its going to be a great day for me. TY

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'll have to disagree. What would a Rickman with a full fairing be called? I would think that a "race replica" would be a cafe if it has a fairing or not.
DG

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Dude, its your bike. Put whatever the hell you want on it. Who the hell cares what other people think makes a bike fit a certain category. You're the one riding it. If you like it, put it on.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see where you guys are coming from. So if i were to put on a faring on my little mighty mouse CB125S. I can still call it a cafe race bike. thats sounds good. I'm down with the cafe bikes new or old. My buddie has an all factory. 1976 CB500. with 12k miles on it. this thing looks brand new. and he has a 1974 CB750 road race bike. its fast and loud. he runs four into two into one custom pipe with no baffle. can hear it from miles away. its almost just and engine with a seat and wheels that how much stuff he took off it. this is what he tells me is a true cafe bike. I said it should be take a bike and transform it into something it wasnt built to do. like my little CB125S looking like a vintage race bike. or should i call my little mighy mouse a vintage road race replica.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool. thanks guys. now i have somethink more in mind now for my little mighy mouse. CB125S cafe road racer. i found an aftermarket MT125R body work and a cafe seat. i think i'll go for the fairing look. give it that vintage race look. but still keep it light and nimble for handling and speed. You must know my goal it to hit the ton on my little bike and not kill my self doing so. I also looking into building a stronger lighter frame. making a copy of the MT125R frame with my CB125S engine. out of 4130 chromoly tubing. and getting the ok from the DMV for a new vin. this would make the bike very light and strong. also i got a guy that can bend and weld it for me at no coast. i just have to get the tubing. witch is not the cheap but wont break the bank.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
roski
heard you (both times) ...don't know about them actually being a cafe rig but those rickmans have cred in any cafe circle. btw i know where one is and i ain't tellin. a bud is really first in line anyway when it comes up but that may be a decade or two from now. worth the wait...one ot the few hondas that get me a bit tingley. even with the school (almost) bus color. all that being said, my two cents: don't confuse cafe (started in the 60s/england) with street fighter (in my oppinion started with "mad max" ). similar idea,....different country/aplication. in the end...i'm with ung 100%. enjoy YOUR bike and to hell with anyone elses idea of what type it is or where it fits.
-parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
roski
heard you (both times) ...don't know about them actually being a cafe rig but those rickmans have cred in any cafe circle. btw i know where one is and i ain't tellin. a bud is really first in line anyway when it comes up but that may be a decade or two from now. worth the wait...one ot the few hondas that get me a bit tingley. even with the school (almost) bus color. all that being said, my two cents: don't confuse cafe (started in the 60s/england) with street fighter (in my oppinion started with "mad max" ). similar idea,....different country/aplication. in the end...i'm with ung 100%. enjoy YOUR bike and to hell with anyone elses idea of what type it is or where it fits.
-parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
talk about deja vu.
talk about deja vu.
i don't know why it happened to me too. must be some sort of a web echo. even repeated all my mis-spellings. help us out vilie!
-parks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yeah, make it your own and do what you think a "Cafe" should be. Your the one who has to ride it.
Here's 2 words that aren't usually put together to often.
Goldwing and Chopper
Make it your own and do what you like. and enjoy.

DG

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
thats what i said. great im right. and im younger too and i know more about vintage then this ald fart. lol. cant wait to tell him this one.
its going to be a great day for me. TY

this is the gayest shit I have ever seen posted here.....

at the risk of sounding like those douchebags who chastise people for using the term rat rod...who gives a fuck what you call it, just build it ride it and it is your bike and that is all there is to it - why is this whole hobby caught up with names for things? That being said if you going to be hung up on labels then at least use the right ones.

cafe racers were traditionally home made race replicas for the street and sometimes that includes a full fairing. But this is not set in stone because the factories started to make their own cafe racers before they began building full on race replicas. everybody kinda forges that bikes are functional things and really these labels are defined by use and not by look. A bobber is a street/strip bike at heart, a cafe racer is a hard living performance motorcycle, a chopper is the simplest way to cruise, and so on....if you designated labels of bike by look alone there would be a whole lot of ugly and a lot less brotherhood (and more petty bickering).

speedy81304 - for that little display of arrogance and youthful exuberance, do all of us a favor and run nuts first into a door knob so that the world is spared of any offspring that may grow up with your ideals. Only kidding, although you have much to learn in the ways of the world grasshopper....

·
Registered
306 Posts
i wholeheartedly agree with Geeto on this one. stop gaying up this site with "is the cafe?" or "that's not cafe". the more you narrow down the term to a specific style, the more marketable and gay it becomes.

i think the term "cafe racer" should kinda be like "kung fu", where there all different styles within that category, and its up to you to find your inner dragon, or tiger, or whatever.

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
quote:
cool. thanks guys. now i have somethink more in mind now for my little mighy mouse. CB125S cafe road racer. i found an aftermarket MT125R body work and a cafe seat. i think i'll go for the fairing look. give it that vintage race look. but still keep it light and nimble for handling and speed. You must know my goal it to hit the ton on my little bike and not kill my self doing so. I also looking into building a stronger lighter frame. making a copy of the MT125R frame with my CB125S engine. out of 4130 chromoly tubing. and getting the ok from the DMV for a new vin. this would make the bike very light and strong. also i got a guy that can bend and weld it for me at no coast. i just have to get the tubing. witch is not the cheap but wont break the bank.
Ummmmm....

Honda go sideways!

http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

1 - 20 of 31 Posts